new member... 86 Ae86 coupe

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

hachicoupe

new member... 86 Ae86 coupe

Post by hachicoupe »

Hi guys. I'm new to the forums here.
I pretty recently bought my car with a 3tc swap that was done by Toyota1515. I joined over here because club4ag seems to be a bunch of know it alls that really know nothing about the 3tc.

I bought the car December 23rd as a late birthday present to myself.
I love the car and I've put in some stuff to it myself. Ive had just about everything go wrong on me... I have somewhat dubbed it "the world's least reliable Toyota"... It seems to break down one way or another about every 3-4 days. The issues started small with a bad alternator... I live in Nebraska but drove all the way to Georgia for the car. It gave so many issues that it took me 5 weeks to get home.

The day after I got home, it decided it would bend 6 pushrods. I decided to fully disassemble the top end. Well at some point it must have sucked something in (its got dual solex's) before I got my filters on. My #2 piston and cylinder were damaged along with my head. I still have yet to take the bottom end apart... hopefully no more surprises *fingers crossed*

I will be having Toyota1515 repair my cylinder head along with a nice port and polish.

I will post pics of the car for you guys in the comment section
hachicoupe

Re: new member... 86 Ae86 coupe

Post by hachicoupe »

ImageImage
ImageImage
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Welcome bro nice ae86
The day we learn to think
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

Thank!
D3uc3s

Post by D3uc3s »

Welcome! Juan is the man!
'82 SR5 sports coupe
Stock....for now
[><]######[><]
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

ImageImageImageImage
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

Welcome to the form and don't give up there's some great people here and a lot of knowledge to. If you plan on rebuilding stock again I think I got spare parts that's stock I can look around and you can have them. I got my car and broke it and I was bumed so I know the feeling. Good luck and welcome.
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

mallito1.8 wrote:Welcome to the form and don't give up there's some great people here and a lot of knowledge to. If you plan on rebuilding stock again I think I got spare parts that's stock I can look around and you can have them. I got my car and broke it and I was bumed so I know the feeling. Good luck and welcome.
For now I am just gonna slap it back together on the cheap because I have a move coming up and need the car to move my stuff and move itself... but I plan on rebuilding the right way and giving it some more punch in the near future when funds allow