79' Corolla Liftback te51 from Montana

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Toytuner

79' Corolla Liftback te51 from Montana

Post by Toytuner »

Hey guys, my names Nick. I'm a retired Afghanistan war veteran. I've lost the use of my left foot and have a spine that's a nightmare. I also suffer from a TBI or traumatic brain injury so I may be strange every now and then. None of that will ever keep me from my one true love and that's pre 1990s Toyotas. They have such soul and such character that I can't help but love what I do now that I'm retired. I'm currently building a 1979 Corolla Liftback that my wife and I call Gary. No special reason but he looks like a Gary. I'm in the process now of stripping it down to bare metal and getting ready to remove the 2TC so I can trunk coat the engine bay. I plan on shaving the head and having the horrible port job done by the previous owner and a pocket knife apparently. I will post pics of this disastor that this guy called a port job. Then I'm going to replace all internals and reassemble her and paint her Lime Firemist Metallic. Right now she's running on a set of old American racing D Locker wheels which don't look to bad I just need something a little more classic. Any questions feel free to hit me up. Before I was in the army I was a toyotao master tech and taught certification classes to other Toyota mechanics.
BOBLOOK

Re: 79' Corolla Liftback te51 from Montana

Post by BOBLOOK »

Welcome to the forum am sorry to hear you condition ! Glad to have an deep toyota soul lover around ;)
The day we learn to think