Young Gun with a Rolla

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

TheBigCU

Young Gun with a Rolla

Post by TheBigCU »

Hey guys, in about a week I'll be picking up a te72 as my first car. Been Fascinated with old Corollas ever since I was little and am looking forward to owning one. I'm only 14 though so that means I can't drive just yet haha but it's ok I feel like driving is only half of owning a car, the other half being maintaining and caring for it. As my 72 is a auto atm a manual swap is in line along with fixing some piston problems. Any advice on these cars is appreciated :D
P.S I live in SoCal, Anaheim :)
BOBLOOK

Re: Young Gun with a Rolla

Post by BOBLOOK »

Welcome brother ;)
The day we learn to think
pufito18

Post by pufito18 »

nice nice welcome bro
Cheito

Post by Cheito »

Sup, young buck, glad to see it. :D
I started around the same age.
Welcome!
baldo

Post by baldo »

Thats cool you got that car, but it sucks you live there! I guess if you are going to leave it stock its not a problem. I would have to move! :lol: What are your plans for it? Since you cant "drive it yet" and have piston problems, I would rebuild the engine. Everything stock should be about $1200. They have better parts now and the 80s engines still run 30 years later.
The only thing I know about California is that you must pass gas. :lol: (smog) So if you ever are going to upgrade anything I would try to find somebody that has a few mods and passed it.
Dont forget pics!!!!!!!