Hey guys. New to 3tc stuff.

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

gavitron

Hey guys. New to 3tc stuff.

Post by gavitron »

Hale brethren, I'm a life long old school Toyota fan and I finally found a TE72 coupé which has been my dream chassis for a long time. I'll be completely honest, I bought it with intentions of swapping out the 3tc and drift it. However once I got the chassis I learned about needing to swap out the steering rack and front engine cross member and became a little discouraged. All is well as I also learned about the potential of the 3tc and how widely its used on circle tracks and on the drag strip. I know its been done loosely here and there but I will be doing research and working towards establishing my 3tc in the local drift scene.
That being said I will be lurking around the forums picking you guy's brains trying to find out the right modifications for myself. My goal is to spend less or absolutely no more than I would on a drive train swap on engine upgrades and be able to RELIABLY hang with the guys on the track.

A bit more about myself, my name is Gavin. Im from Athens, GA in the US. My previous projects include a 5 speed swapped mx73 Cressida and a m50 swapped BMW e30 (never again) I'm the owner of the "South East Drift" Facebook group. We are new around but check us out if your in the area or if you'd just like to help us young bucks out with our old school projects.

That's all for now. Thanks for accepting me into the community and I look forward to gaining from all the accumulated experience here on the forums. I hope to one day be able to provide a few new words on here as well.
BOBLOOK

Re: Hey guys. New to 3tc stuff.

Post by BOBLOOK »

Welcome on 3tc brother :D
The day we learn to think
TheChadCorolla

Post by TheChadCorolla »

Hi there Gavin. I'm 16, from Cape Town South Africa and have a 3tc myself, but in a KE70. I use the car for burnouts, but have drifted with her quite a few times already and I enjoyed it. I would suggest that you firstly put on ITB's, for a more responsive 3tc. Then you would want a 288-290 cam, and a ported and gasflowed head. I don't recommend the flywheel to be lightened, as it would reduce torque which is needed for drifting. And I guess the rest of the setup depends on your car such as ; wheels, suspension, roll cage etc.
pufito18

Post by pufito18 »

welcome to 3tc post some pic to see tanks