Hello from an old friend

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

mikealike

Re: Hello from an old friend

Post by mikealike »

Welcome back!!!
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Yotarip

Post by Yotarip »

lopez286 wrote:What bellhousing are you using with the w58 to the 1uz? You getting the ones they sell on ebay?
Sorry for the late reply. I'm using the 1uz auto bellhousing bolted to the w58 with an adapter kit from ToyotaV8.com . Their kit is excellent.
toyorotor

Post by toyorotor »

That Cressida was sick.....1 question though, Why the 1uz?
Yotarip

Post by Yotarip »

toyorotor wrote:That Cressida was sick.....1 question though, Why the 1uz?
Many reasons for the 1uz.
First, I wanted a RELIABLE motor that put out more hp than the 7m. The 1uz has 60-70 more hp than the 7m and it's 1000% more reliable. I have put close to 30K in this swap and have only had to change an o2 sensor.

Second reason was cost. I paid $300 for this motor. It was pulled from an 85k mile sc400. This motor was insanely clean inside. I picked up a used ls400 trans from my local junkyard for $80 and used parts from it to make a 7m/1uz transmission hybrid. This build INCLUDING the cost of the car ($500) was just over $1000. I did all my own work.

Third reason is the sound. It's badass with the right system. I had to tone my exhaust down because it drew too much attention from the cops. One cop pulled me for my exhaust. He mentioned that he had a cressida just like mine and it didn't sound like mine so I popped the hood. He cracked a huge smile and even took a few pics with his phone. Then he let me go without a ticket. A few months late another cop gave me a ticket. I ended up using part of the exhaust on my friends MK3 supra 1uz swap that I helped him build. He beats the hell out of his 1uz/w58 and it runs just like new. we pulled his motor from a 230K ls400 and it runs as smooth and as quite as my 85k (now 120K) did and still does.

My cress is my clean cruiser and when I want to beat up on people, I'll pull out the pickup. I shock the hell out of people on the highway doing 4 gear pulls in that thing. I bought another beater cress to do a 1uz/w58 swap to beatup on.

I will pull the 1uz from the blue cress, add a w58 and drop it into the gold cress.
The blue cress will get this GS400 1uz VVti motor and 5 speed auto I scored from a local junkyard for $350.

I have the ecu, transponder key, key reader and Lexus IS300 steering wheel with e-shift buttons.

So, you can't beat the 1uz when it comes to dollar per HP and reliability.
Mazota TE51

Post by Mazota TE51 »

The 1uz is definitely a nice engine that can be had for cheap. When converted to manual it really wakes it up and sounds so much better. BTW nice cressidas