82 TE72 Altezza 3SGE BEAMS 6spd swap work in progress

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Mazota TE51

Re: 82 TE72 Altezza 3SGE BEAMS 6spd swap work in progress

Post by Mazota TE51 »

Nice was this one of your club members project. Your club as well as the others on this coast was the reason I got in the game once again. 8-) I wish I was closer to you guys. Can't wait to see the finished product if anything like your carina it will definitely be special. What are the HP numbers on the Carina.
dominicaneddy

Post by dominicaneddy »

Mazota TE51 wrote:Nice was this one of your club members project. Your club as well as the others on this coast was the reason I got in the game once again. 8-) I wish I was closer to you guys. Can't wait to see the finished product if anything like your carina it will definitely be special. What are the HP numbers on the Carina.
I purchased it from another member who had already bulit his 80 and the 82 was just sitting there had nothing else to do so me and my oldest son decided on doing another build but this one will be for him to cruise with us.

The Carina if I recal was 326hp stock block. Future plans is source another motor and build streetable 4-500 hp motor.
lopez286

Post by lopez286 »

Nice project, good power plant to perfect for all motor
Mazota TE51

Post by Mazota TE51 »

Hopefully my son enjoys these cars as much as I do so we can do a father son project. ;)
dominicaneddy

Post by dominicaneddy »

Sorry for posting late status of progress. As always your feedback is much appreciated. Im still learning as I go and do not know much of these swaps so i learn form other's builds and of course searching online.

gas tank sump fabbed

doing the body work

my youngest helping me after it is his car so he needs to earn it and learn as well.(beware of Niko the killer wannabe pitbull aka the chihuahua

son choose the wheels so now he has to mount them to try on

at the body shop for paint

while waiting for paint we love to go fishing so during a a fishing trip with my father, my son decided to change the color after looking at my father's shirts lol originaly it was going to Toyota Venza brown but now we went with a hugger orange

Orange it is!

back at home hopefully The home depot, Fanta or Sunkist will hook a brother up with a sponsor lol

Assembly begins

getting the motor in

fuel lines ran and installed new brakes rotors on the celica supra rear rear end

new brake and clutch masters are in as well as motor is in, radiator, fuel pressure regulator, and HKS intake is in

redoing the plastics on the doors

Harness is in

W58 speedo gear to replace the electronic one on the tranny
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Nice progress thanks for posting ;)
The day we learn to think
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

dominicaneddy wrote:Sorry for posting late status of progress. As always your feedback is much appreciated.

W58 speedo gear to replace the electronic one on the tranny
Be careful here...the drive/driven gears can be slightly different sizes on the W58/J160 - http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/showpos ... stcount=25
Escoriasza

Post by Escoriasza »

Great thread man. I'm currently working on the same swap into my 83 liftback and have everything situated except the wiring. How hard is it to wire everything? Can you provide any insight and advice. Thanx man.
dominicaneddy

Post by dominicaneddy »

literally 123 do to the fact that my harness was redone by Tweak'd I had it extended to run into the car and under the dash to work with my factory TE cluster
Escoriasza

Post by Escoriasza »

I see. I might have to contact them again then because they quoted me about $850 for a 3sge engine to universal car harness. Maybe of I send them both harnesses they can make me one already plug and play. What fuel pump did you go with for this setup? I appreciate the responses btw.