Foxau2's 77 TE51 EFI - Last couple posts before scrapping

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Foxau2

Re: Foxau2's 77 TE51 Megasquirt 2TG EFI - Lots of updates!

Post by Foxau2 »

We drove the Corolla to Yellowstone and back with only very minor problems. It was over 1500 miles we drove and it averaged mid 30's MPG!

The only problems were that a bolt came out of the AC pump causing it to rattle. I had a spare in my toolbag and it took all of 60 seconds to replace.

The other problem was a loose battery connection that momentarily caused us to lose power. Ten seconds to fix that one.

We drove over a mountain range that took us up over 11000 feet and it drove great!

I have a couple more pictures that I'll post when I get my camera connected to my computer.

I have a car show we're taking it to in Sep then I might park it and start on my Celica. Don't know yet.
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

A couple random shots of my car from the Yellowstone trip.

This was over 11,000 feet!

We slept in the back of the car for 1 night because it was raining. It was actually more comfortable than the tent!

Alexason

Post by Alexason »

That looks like one heck of a trip! It's a shame that it's gonna be parked, that thing seems like a trooper.
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

Thanks for the reply! It was a lot of fun! The car really is a trooper. (What old Toyota isn't?) The only reason I'm parking it is because I can only love one car at a time, and I would much rather give loves to my Celica. This will (hopefully) become my sons car (now almost 4) when he learns to drive.

Here's my Celica.

gotae86

Post by gotae86 »

Wow! You're cars are sweet.
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

Thanks!
cherrye10

Post by cherrye10 »

good job. I started out with far worse car

http://s747.photobucket.com/user/fenejo ... 979%20ke50
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

I've started stripping my yellow liftback. I'm putting all the good parts and black interior from my current yellow liftback into the plasti-dipped (moron) black one I bought with a blown motor last year. My yellow one has too much rust for my liking, and the black one is very solid. I've stripped out the brown the interior from the new car, and started installing the black from my yellow car. I will also be converting the black from a DLX to an SR5 using all the parts from the yellow one. I like the looks of the chrome better. :)

My customer has finally paid the second half for the EFI stuff, so I'm stripping my yellow car, then selling it for scrap unless someone wants the shell. The black car with all the good parts will then be parked for many years while I pull out and work on my Celica.

The black car is an automatic so I'll be converting it to manual (pedal swap etc...) I may or may not swap the working 2TC in place of the blown up one. I'm pretty sure I want to put it a 22RE whenever I pull it back out si I don't really care about whether or not it works right now. But we'll see what happens.

I'll post some pictures later today.

I have a mostly complete brown interior for FREE! I would prefer you to come pick it up, but I'll ship at your expense plus a little for my troubles.
Foxau2

Re: Foxau2's 77 TE51 EFI - Last couple posts before scrappin

Post by Foxau2 »

I have the interiors in both of them stripped pretty good. I'm going to drive it a few more times to finish the gas in the tank before I pull off the EFI stuff and other stuff like the clutch pedal stuff that will render it undriveable.

Foxau2

Re: Foxau2's 77 TE51 EFI - Last couple posts before scrappin

Post by Foxau2 »

Couple more pictures from a real camera instead of my phone. These aren't necessarily in order as I took them. Some of the photos in the previous post were taken after these.