2TC 3TC with 2TG EFI and Megasquirt "How to" Guide

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

mikealike

Re: 2TC with 2TG EFI and Megasquirt "How to" Guide

Post by mikealike »

Nice work
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

I've been driving it for several months now. It starts up and runs great every time. I've been getting around 30 MPG out of it too! I believe that if I were to spend some money on my car, I could easily get it into the 40 MPG range! Right now the car has monstrously huge tires, the ujoint has been in DESPERATE need of changing (it's finally been changed) , the rear wheel bearings are going out, and the engine is VERY tired. Despite all that it still got into the 30's! But since I'm building it for a customer and the car will be parked for several years once I pull it off, I'm not going to spend any more money on it than I need to.

Though I'll be sad to be leaving my corolla parked for many years, I'll be excited to get my Celica going again!
connor72

Post by connor72 »

This is a very nice write up!
I was wondering, what did you use for fuel? I mean, Stock tank? Aftermarket inline fuel pump? aftermarket fuel line? If so, How did you get it to not starve the engine when going up hills? Did you create a baffle?Custom jobs like this always make me curious. I've been wanting to go efi for months but, messing with the fuel system always makes me nervous :roll:
NME308

Post by NME308 »

Hi mate,
Your work is neat! Unlike mine.. :oops:

Do you mind sharing what you did for the oil pump drive?

I am about to go IGN-1A smart coils and full sequential ignition and wish to make the dizzy disappear which thing it appears you have also done!

Cheers,
Jason
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

connor72 wrote:This is a very nice write up!
I was wondering, what did you use for fuel? I mean, Stock tank? Aftermarket inline fuel pump? aftermarket fuel line? If so, How did you get it to not starve the engine when going up hills? Did you create a baffle?Cause. m jobs like this always make me curious. I've been wanting to go efi for months but, messing with the fuel system always makes me nervous :roll:
I didn't modify anything in the tank. It has a rudimentary baffle in the tank from the factory. I attached the new in tank fuel pump to the end of the original fuel pick up. I think I have a picture of it somewhere. Because I'm building this for a customer and his tank is already modified I didn't want to go through the hassle of making the tank perfect. I just don't let it get below 1/4 tank and I don't have problems. I actually have the stock fuel lines for both the feed and return. I just purchased adapters to go from the stock size the -6AN. I haven't had any problems at all. But it isn't turbo. If you're not going turbo you should be able to use the stock lines.

For my Celica though I will be building an external tank that will hold about 3 liters of fuel to prevent starvation. The high pressure pump will be in that one. I will be adding a new 3/8 aluminum feed line, and the original feed line will be the new return line.
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

NME308 wrote:Hi mate,
Your work is neat! Unlike mine.. :oops:

Do you mind sharing what you did for the oil pump drive?

I am about to go IGN-1A smart coils and full sequential ignition and wish to make the dizzy disappear which thing it appears you have also done!

Cheers,
Jason
I actually used my distributor as a mount for the EDIS coils. I have seen others have cut the distributor of leaving just a small nub, but I couldn't cut the hardened inner steel rod with my cheap sawzall. So I just left it as the coil mount.

Are you running Megasquirt too? My Celica will be sequential injection and sequential COP ignition.
NME308

Post by NME308 »

Foxau2 wrote:I actually used my distributor as a mount for the EDIS coils. I have seen others have cut the distributor of leaving just a small nub, but I couldn't cut the hardened inner steel rod with my cheap sawzall. So I just left it as the coil mount.

Are you running Megasquirt too? My Celica will be sequential injection and sequential COP ignition.
Ah I see! I was not sure if the dizzy would fit in with your manifold adapter etc so had assumed you had another solution. :)
I will still be running my blow through carb but I have purchased an old Haltech E6X to run sequential spark.

Cheers,
Jason
Foxau2

Re: 2TC 3TC with 2TG EFI and Megasquirt "How to" Guide

Post by Foxau2 »

I went through and added descriptions to all the pictures in the first post. Still not as good as it was before we lost the old forum, but at least you know what they are now.

I'm still driving it daily and it's been great! I measured the mileage and I got 35 MPG!

I 3D printed a part I needed to finish the TPS turn around!

Here is a photo how it looked a few weeks ago. The TPS is wired on because I was waiting on the new part pictured above.

This is unrelated, but this is another part I printed. It is the plastic blinker cancel piece that sits behind the steering wheel.

Justins82

Post by Justins82 »

Thanks for posting such a good write up. I'm not on the level to install my own EFI system but this was worth the read and good knowledge so I know where to start
gotae86

Post by gotae86 »

Awesome write up. Do you own a 3D printer?