TE21/S2000 Swap

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Rolap7

TE21/S2000 Swap

Post by Rolap7 »

In March of 2014 I finally found a candidate to build. I was actually hoping for a TE27 but was very happy when I found this straight and complete clean title TE21 in Sacramento. Drove the hour and fifteen to meet my cousin and we headed to meet the seller at STS (Santo Toy Shop) in Sac. After looking over the car and a few test drives, we agreed on the price and completed the deal.

Last edited by Rolap7 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
"As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character." - A.W. Tozer
Rolap7

Re: TE21 build in progress

Post by Rolap7 »

Got it home safely after a careful hour and a half drive home in the rain. The cut front springs and the steering box made for quite the intense trip home lol

Last edited by Rolap7 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"As the excellence of steel is strength, and the excellence of art is beauty, so the excellence of mankind is moral character." - A.W. Tozer
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

;) not sure why the right half of my pics are being cropped out.
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

It had a healthy albeit a bit leaky 2tc with a 4 speed trans.

Last edited by Rolap7 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

In April of 2014 I found a donor on Craigslist. Made the trip out and after hearing the motor run and talking with Alex the owner about pricing, I told him that I would think about it and let him know what I decided.

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Came back a week later to complete the deal... I installed shocks that I had to borrow from Anthony of Hybridworks in Vallejo because the previous owner didn't want to sell the coilovers... and AAA towed it home... :D

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Once I got it home I began the long process of parting out everything that I wasn't going to use for my swap.

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Rolap7

Post by Rolap7 »

Once I picked it clean, i sold the chassis to cash for junk cars aka Pick and Pull lol

Last edited by Rolap7 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.