Ryan's TE31

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

skellington

Re: Ryan's TE31

Post by skellington »

Grumpy3TC wrote:Meabe you said,What this is a simple pipe to cut,but the thing is I cant find a good pipe to cut two of this suckers,That is why Im asking you for help on this one ,please PM me.If you need money let me know to paypal you.
I was messing around with coilovers and I cut you a set of perches. PM me address and cover shipping and their all yours.
jec wrote:where did you order the lowering blocks from?
Autozone 3" blocks.
skellington

Post by skellington »

I completed the SR5 struts. I made them into coilovers with stock strut tube size, a MR2 sw20 rear struts, spacer, and my 320lbs springs. It is a little- ok ok maybe a lot stiff. This was my test. The springs were free, so I can a buy a set of 10" 270-300lbs and have a better ride. I think I will take a 2" section out of the struts. It seems that my car is about 1" lower on the front with no body roll whatsoever. Pics, sorry some are a little blurry.

skellington

Post by skellington »

I spun down the adjustable perches on my coilovers today. This is the about the level I think I will end up with when I finish my suspension. As for the 320# springs, They settled in a bit and they are really nice. Not as bouncy as I thought they would be. The SW20 rear struts handle them just fine. The car corners very nicely now with minimal body roll.
I am also considering using these. I am in the middle of refinishing them.

WarWagn

Post by WarWagn »

This thing is awesome!
1980 TE72 Wagon.

Instagram @wagonsteeze
skellington

Post by skellington »

WarWagn wrote:This thing is awesome!
Thanks!
I couldn't stand looking at that dent any longer. So i did this, and well, one thing led to another on my first body damage repair job. Soon I'll be able to get some more work done on it.

skellington

Post by skellington »

I dissected that corolla to attain its crankshaft. I feel like a cat that kills a gopher and only eats one part, then leaves it on the porch.
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

How much did you pay for it the cranckshaft just want to compair prices here in texas

Long block with no intake and no exhaust $130.00 no warrenty 3tc
skellington

Post by skellington »

$50 No sale day. I had to nab it because I don't see 3t's often.
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

Yup I hear you that's kinda how it is over here also
skellington

Post by skellington »

I pulled my smog friendly weber, and swapped with my other one to see if it would get rid of that pesky hesitation right off of idle. The car now runs great. The power is a little lacking compared to the other. I think that is because the other one was leaned out, and this one is running pretty rich. Ill have to get out there and give it a tune. Please excuse my temporary tape oil cap.

I put in my rear shocks in. What a difference it makes. With my home built coilovers, replaced needed bushings, and new shocks and struts, this car drives like its brand new. I can steer down the freeway with one finger. :D

I also sprayed some etching primer on my rear panel so it wont rust due to the moisture. Ill work more on this at some point.

And a pic of the car just because.