My 82 Corolla SR-5 Couple - Project

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Kenny727

My 82 Corolla SR-5 Couple - Project

Post by Kenny727 »

Hey all, I figured since I'm on this site enough I should post newer pictures of the tings I'm doing to my car, I will upload them tomorrow after work.
My Plans:
I want a VERY reliable car (Will be driven to work most days), Now my personal preference is that it can be scratched, faded or peeling as long as the inside breaks necks..
PRetty much heres my list I made of things I know I want to do before messing with the engine (save the best for last)
Bodywork- Rust: Paint 10$
Rust stop 10$
Filler 20$
Sound: Undercoating 25$
Deadaning 30$

Suspension- Cornering: Tower bar 40$?
Springs 150$?
Front bushings 75
Wheels: Rims 400$

As far as engine upgrades go.. I was looking at 3 options.. Downtime is a problem, I need a fast swap and still have more to research, but
3t-eu upgrade the head and get fuel inJ, able to build on the side while still driving (650)
3t-gte ITs awesome and turbo but a bit expensive for what it is. (2500)
4a-ge awesome NA HP just have to learn more about the swap (1200-1600)
the first day I bought it
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (23.39 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
rolla 1.jpg
rolla 1.jpg (18.01 KiB) Viewed 7173 times
Will be posting more pics as I do more
carboyRolla

Re: My 82 Corolla SR-5 Couple - Project

Post by carboyRolla »

nice sr5 two tone like it , this mine located in southwest Image
Kenny727

Post by Kenny727 »

carboyRolla wrote:nice sr5 two tone like it , this mine located in southwest Image
Nice! I like it, it's really simple and clean on the outside.
I'm planning on going all flat black in a week or so, will post pics when I finish.

Just bored out my Webber carb and Intake mani... I didn't get too much into it, I want a spare before I go too much to be safe, but damn there's a noticeable difference.. from 1k-4k it revvs a faster.
Wish I knew coolant flowed thru the manifold before I took it off! I seen it leaking and thought it was coming from inside my head!
carboyRolla

Post by carboyRolla »

good start engine maintenance first the rest wheels accessories can wait
Kenny727

Post by Kenny727 »

carboyRolla wrote:good start engine maintenance first the rest wheels accessories can wait
Exactly what I did.
Maintenance is done, and had to fix a bunch of problems older cars that sat usually get.

I really like the corolla and want to keep it since IMO it will only raise in value.

Of course before I but any real money in the engine I have planty of worn out non horsepower parts to "refresh"

But when it gets to horsepower I have a decision to make, 3t, or something else.
Plenty of time to think about it tho, Will upload more pics of random stuff I've been doing to it tomorrow