My TE72 Project

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

skabrock5

Re: My TE72 Project

Post by skabrock5 »

I enjoyed reading about this project. nice work.
admayen

Post by admayen »

Love the suspension setup!!! Keep it up bro!!!
Last edited by admayen on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
32/36 weber blow thru 12psi t3/to4b
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

I will tell you you have transformed this car to a beautiful masterpiece. Good job
bombapinoy

Post by bombapinoy »

Another update! Sorry for such a slow build guys. Life gets in the way but I'm pretty sure you guys all know that since thats what having a project is about :lol:

Anyways, one of the carbs got busted so it was time for a rebuild. Took out the carbs and decided to polish the valve cover. it's not the best but i can only do so much with hand polishing. Maybe I'll take it to get medium blasted to get a better finish.

And since I was doing work around the engine bay I decided it was time to get rid of the battery and put it in the trunk. Bending 1 gauge wire is not fun...but I got it to work! Also had to upgrade to a yellowtop so that I dont have any gasses lingering around the car. And because of that I decided to start tucking in some of the crazy wires that were everywhere. However I'm still deciding where to keep the distributor block so it's still hanging there. I'm sure I'll mount it on the side but just gotta figure out what orientation I want it. Also my headlight switch was super loose so touching it would turn the lights on or if im driving at night off. :shock: So new switches were needed

Also you can see that I decided to get rid of the ugly rubber hoses for the fuel and get braided lines. Looks much better too!

Now that the carbs were back on. Went out for a test drive and my goodness....what an improvement! Car used to not have linear power as it would have some power, hesitate mid range, accelerate some more and hesitate again! So the rebuild definitely helped! Had the carbs soaked in carb cleaner for a while but still had clogged pathways. So had to put that in a sonic cleaner and that did the trick.

Found an older pic of me in my car at the initial d meet in lafayette. Not to toot my own horn but damn I look good in that car...oh yeah and the car looks great too haha.

Next on my list of to do...

Rack conversion

and RCA's.

Going to redo my dash and have a new instrument gauge so more meters and an actual clock! Yay!

I'm sure I'll have other things that will also be included in the next update but for now these are the plans for now . Enjoy!