3TCgarage Incident

Welcome to 3TCgarage Forum the Toyota enthusiast community.
Here you can post info, Report bugs, regarding to the forum. If you encounter registering issue read the related topics.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Admin
Site Admin

3TCgarage Incident

Post by Admin »

Am sad to announce an incident with the old board( forum) Few weeks ago suddenly the URL wasn't point to its root(database) anymore reason is still unknown. I quickly contacted the Host company tech support to analyze the issue it happen that the domain wasn't point to its host database anymore ( who was still manage by the site author). They couldn't do anything for me only the site author could restore it again.

When i toke over the forum only the domain was forwarded to me NOT THE ROOT FILES. After the transfer toke place i regularly notified him to forward me the root files data in an event like what happen last weeks i could restore the forum easily. That never happen until the unexpected happen few weeks ago. Before i toke over Sunray was the one who was managing the forum, don't know what happen to him hope he is fine.

My first action i contacted site author true the email source i had please requesting him to restore the board. Still waiting for an replay! Luckily i was saving the data true the ACP, full download saved data. An forum user Pufito ( Felix ) reach him notified him about this matter his response was to restore the board in an new host with the data i had saved after the transfer this shouldn't be an problem.

Now here is when the whole drama started.

Host company Godaddy;

Code: Select all

Ones an domain is set for an host account in there system you can't create another one  
It require me to create another domain; http://www.toyota3tcgarage.com ; so i could create an new host account.

Import the date;

This action fail we crashed add least 4 forums without any result :(

After the data was analyze by an programmer( Felix) brother) who assist me since the beginning) and an local Phpbb translator appear that the board backup function was not saving all the files :( The board was structure was based on 3.0.3 version updated last to 3.0.6 V ( four years ago ) I was await for the root files to update it to the latest 3.0.11.

To restore we miss an lots of files; users-topics and other useful folders

Phpmyadmin result;

If you look at phpbb_user .......53 those are only the search bots :(

After this hard sleepless weeks because i feel my self responsible for the whole issue as my whole effort seems to vanish. I have done everything i could what was in my capacity to get the board up back. For now the only thing i could was to creating an new one, latest version, running on linox account waiting until the ex author would feel the interested for getting use the root files so we have the board back .

For know board will be empty i will go true the files if i can point any useful post i would merge them to here.

I will accept all the regrets but again i did everything in my capacity to keep this community alive.

Ones again if Robert feel the desire to help he can contact me

Thanks

Neadville

I want to thanks everyone concerning about the board who from day one assist me; pufito and his brother, Ger and all the local tech boys.

Is really not my intension to point the problem to no one specially not the site author.
pufito18

Re: 3TCgarage Incident

Post by pufito18 »

tanks very much , we can do it again dont worry lets do it again guys
v8danny

Post by v8danny »

its all good as long as we have the site back will built it to what it was again boys ;)
corolllin

Post by corolllin »

damn NEADVILLE! all your fault....

JKJKJK man!
thanks a ton dude.. at least we have the page back... hopefully we can get some good shit back from the old one..

Just one thing, I really can not stand the layout on the board currently. if there is anyway we can go back to the more classic "user friendly" board, that would be awesome... thanks man..

dude and once again. super glad its back.
best of luck,

-nicistheshit.
72coupe5speed

Post by 72coupe5speed »

Neadville thank you very much for doing all this work and keeping our Toyota community garage. I hope all is well with the former site author. If you need any assistance just let me know. Thanks. Jon. :D
Mazota TE51

Post by Mazota TE51 »

I am glad that our site is back and the new site is good once you play around with it a little it will be just as good if not better than the old site. We just need to get cracking on all the info. It will be fun
rx7cblink

Post by rx7cblink »

Same here im glad we are back on was having difficult withdraws symptoms of not being on some of use are on 24/7 even if we dont post everyday. I have to check this site 4/5 times a day so i dont miss anything lol. Thanks guys
badboyboogie

Post by badboyboogie »

Thanks to everyone who helped get the site up and running again.... ;)
rollarage

Post by rollarage »

No problem we can get it to where it once was. Great Job Neadville and everyone for the hard work in getting it back.
lopez286

Post by lopez286 »

new board looks good keep up the good work