Alive Again!

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

hachicoupe

Alive Again!

Post by hachicoupe »

Bored, so I thought I would share...

I finally received all the parts I needed for my 3t. I rebuilt the entire motor myself. I installed new oem pistons, rods, bearings, oil pump, timing set, you name it... I replaced it lol. All torqued to spec. The day before last, I finally got it back in. Getting the trans back in was a real pain.... not sure if Toyota1515 had some sorcery on his side or what.. I tried leaving the trans in, and putting the engine in. Didn't work... then I put the engine in then tried the trans, that was also a failure. Eventually I decided to suspend the engine in the bay and attach the trans in mid-air. That worked... got it all in and bolted up...

Once I got my dizzy timed, it fired right up. Runs beautiful.

Sadly, my TOB decided it wanted to die after driving for 5 minutes in traffic. It's squealing like no other. :(
Luckily I was able to source an exedy complete clutch kit quite cheap, but man that was a job... I am not looking forward to taking it back apart.

But that's not the point of the thread.... lol

I just wanted to share that my first rebuild went great and my engine is now running proper. I've turned my rev limiter down to ~5k for while I break it in.

Today was the first time the car has been driven in the daytime in a long while...

I left my car in a parking lot, while I went for a bike ride. Much to my surprise, there was a car meet in the parking lot when I returned. The entire group (around 20 people) were flocked around a very clean infinity g35. I walked over to my 86 and the entire crowd flocked over to my car. A guy asked me "what you got in there?" I replied "3tc" somewhat confused, he asked "why not a 4ag" with a smug look, I replied "because I like torque" :lol:

All that needs done now is a bit of tuning. (I'm backfiring through the carbs)

If anyone would like to see pictures, I can post them if you would like :)
BOBLOOK

Re: Alive Again!

Post by BOBLOOK »

You have only 2 live left so kept that in mind :evil:
The day we learn to think
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

BOBLOOK wrote:You have only 2 live left so kept that in mind :evil:
Your comment
---------------
My head lol
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

So is running again:lol: :lol: good luck
The day we learn to think
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

isnt this car for sale?
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

mikealike wrote:isnt this car for sale?
Listed yes, but I'm thinking about keeping it
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

hachicoupe wrote:Bored, so I thought I would share...

I finally received all the parts I needed for my 3t. I rebuilt the entire motor myself. I installed new oem pistons, rods, bearings, oil pump, timing set, you name it... I replaced it lol. All torqued to spec. The day before last, I finally got it back in. Getting the trans back in was a real pain.... not sure if Toyota1515 had some sorcery on his side or what.. I tried leaving the trans in, and putting the engine in. Didn't work... then I put the engine in then tried the trans, that was also a failure. Eventually I decided to suspend the engine in the bay and attach the trans in mid-air. That worked... got it all in and bolted up...

Sadly, my TOB decided it wanted to die after driving for 5 minutes in traffic. It's squealing like no other. :(
Luckily I was able to source an exedy complete clutch kit quite cheap, but man that was a job... I am not looking forward to taking it back apart.

I just wanted to share that my first rebuild went great and my engine is now running proper. I've turned my rev limiter down to ~5k for while I break it in.

Today was the first time the car has been driven in the daytime in a long while...

I left my car in a parking lot, while I went for a bike ride. Much to my surprise, there was a car meet in the parking lot when I returned. The entire group (around 20 people) were flocked around a very clean infinity g35. I walked over to my 86 and the entire crowd flocked over to my car. A guy asked me "what you got in there?" I replied "3tc" somewhat confused, he asked "why not a 4ag" with a smug look, I replied "because I like torque" :lol:

Did you check for clearances?
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

mikealike wrote:
hachicoupe wrote:Bored, so I thought I would share...

Did you check for clearances?
Of course :)
skabrock5

Post by skabrock5 »

I know this is an old post but it's inspiring. I got the same reaction when I mentioned the 3tc in my 86. I think its funny, its a humble engine with mighty power potential.