my te72 storey

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

781masshole3tc

my te72 storey

Post by 781masshole3tc »

ok keep in mind this car was givin to me and i had zero knowledge of what has been done to it but the car barely ran, my friend who owns a mechanic shop gave me this car, it was donated to him from a lady that her husband who passed away the car belonged to, so one night i went to the shop put my plates on it and drove 15minutes home with it, the car sputtered, stalled, backfired, raced and stunk horribly and finally got her home, the very first thing i done to it was remove the home made muffler that was put on it, a very small goya can 9.6oz pear flavor with holes punched through it, this poor car sooooo needed to breath so off it went and reinstalled the proper muffler, the car has a inspection sticker from 2011 so the gas has been in the tank for a while, so i went off to the dollar store and got 2 bottles of dry gas, 2 bottles of octane boost and 2 bottles of carb/injector cleaner, gulp gulp gulp in the tank it went, it took about 3 weeks during the snowy winter to burn off all that gas from starting it every day and revvvving it up but in the meantime messing around with that wonderfull Aisan carb it has lol, i never gave up just keeped burning about 10gallons at a time of gas until now i feel it is daisy fresh, now she has a new gas filter, plugs, cap, rotor, wires, pcv and grommet, thermostate and gasket, and i set the timing. it now seems to run a little bit muddy when you start up from a cold start but once its warmed up its throttle strong and idles like a dream, i only got to drive this once and it was just before this past winter when i brought her home (barely) she is my driveway queen and i look out my window every day before work and i run out there after work to start her up for a minute or two, i want to take it out one of these nights just around the block but i have to tend to that fuse box issue that blew out my rear parking lights, its not ready for me to put it officially on the road yet and truthfully i dont have the cash yet to do it, my plan hopefully would be registering it July or August, i really really love this car and been a huge fan of the 80 81 82 corollas since i was 16 (now im 42). i hope the previous owner is looking down at me from Heaven and is pleased for what i have done to his cherished Toy because i am very Honored to own it and im planning on keeping it a looooooong time. i hope you enjoyed my storey and godbless you all. Tommie 1980 Toyota Corolla Wagon 1.8 5speed.
skabrock5

Re: my te72 storey

Post by skabrock5 »

I feel ya man. I know were ya coming from.