What You Guys Think About This Situation......

This is the area where you vent or otherwise call each ofter out.
You can go off, but mods can use their discretion

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Toyota1515

What You Guys Think About This Situation......

Post by Toyota1515 »

I built an 3tc engine about 9 to 10 month ago for another customer and it was running just perfect for 8 month in a row, going from ATL to Valdosta and back a couple of times a month about 750 miles round trip working just awesome with simple modifications, Cam valvesprings MSD dual 40mm side draft header you know the usual running just super, the guy was very happy with the car but get on another project and sold the car.

This guy buy the car, His first modified car with a 3tc, never have worked with one of these before, and in his town no one knows shit about WTF is a 3TC, and in less than 3 weeks he ****** up the engine after take it in to a local shop for some work, not disclosed to me,

To tell you the long story short the engine seems to suck something and mess #2 piston and the head after some strange knocking he said, when he took it apart 6 push rods where bent and after i help him with tech advise and sell him one of my OEM heads he put it back together and rod knock was on it he took the oil pan out and find all rod bearings all messed up like the oil was washed out with fuel, after been back and forth with the kid, who was trying to blame me all the time about his ****** ups, the genius came up with the conclusion that i ****** up when i build it about 9 to 10 month ago, and the last of his conclusions was i tight to much the rod caps so i crush the rod bearings LOL :lol: :lol: that was a good one HAHAHHAHHHHAHAHAA!

Aint that great?

What you guys think about it?
SF5 FOZZY
73GTV

Re: What You Guys Think About This Situation......

Post by 73GTV »

That is why the engine builders still rule and the "I don't know how too work on my own car", still suck arse... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Unvelivable!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
SF5 FOZZY
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

I took the car to the mechanic to have my new rear end installed because I didn't want to touch it. I know how was pretty damn easy just take some f****** bolts out and put the new rear end in. I clearly know how to work on my own car considering I've done all the work to it myself under the hood. But I did not touch the end until after blew up other than oil changes. my valve springs got over compressed because he had set the valve lash wrong he had set it to OEM spec instead of the cam card spec of .70mm... the rod caps were over torqued. And were installed incorrectly. 1-4-3-1. Yes, two #1... the aft is also much smaller. the number one bearing was fine, the number 2 was damaged a bit,the number 3 was damaged someand the number 4 was obliterated. And I have pictures to prove it
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

VALVE SPRINGS
ROD BEARINGS
1-4-3-1 In the order I removed them from fron to back.
left is actual #1. right is #4, also #1

I know my way around a car quite well, and with a little direction, I can do it all. I did not touch the engine (nor did the mechanic I took it to for the rearend) until the engine blew up. Also, the mechanic shop I took it to is the best private shop in Southern Missouri. They all know what they are doing quite well.
73gtv-I do all the work on my own cars unless I am just feeling lazy. The only other person allowed to turn a wrench under the hood is my mother, who is an aircraft mechanic. She herself said that the rod caps were definitely over tightened, putting extra strain on the bearings, causing them to give prematurely. She also watched over my shoulder as I checked my valve lash.

I am not even complaining to "toyota1515" or insisting he pay for his mistakes (though my mom insists I should). I am just pointing out that he DID **** up, and it has cost me a fair amount of money that I can not afford to spend right now.

However, when confronted, he acted worse than a 12 year old... (and yes, I can prove that too)
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Yeah, as i said before i said it again,

HOW IN HELL DOES IT HAPPEN 9 to 10 MONTH AFTER IT WAS PUT TOGETHER AND NOT RIGHT AWAY IF IT WAS THAT BAD?

TO TELL THE TRUTH ALL THAT HAPPEN RIGHT AFTER U TOOK POSSESSION OF THIS CAR, AND EVERYTHING GOES SOUTH SINCE THEN,
SF5 FOZZY
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

I do thank you to post what you post here cuz it does prove my point just perfect,

Sorry but you messed up your own engine God only knows how, I do my work perfect and that car was working perfect for 9 to 10 month

I do know how the valves have to be gaped as i am the one who give you the cam card so you know too, as many know this is not my first BBQ and i have many other engines that i have put together that can prove it, plus the numbers on the rods dont mean nothing i use good rods on the engine the numbers on them dont mean nothing whatsoever, that just proves my theory that you messed up your own engine like i tell you when you ask my why the noisy valve train and i tell you flat tapet valve system with a performance cam always noisy, and looks like you and your super mechanic guy there wants to take the noise away LOL on you,
And you said when confronted, LOL confronted what buddy i just point all your **** ups and you try all the time to blame it on me, and i have all the time to take you to school on what was happen then when you figure out you cant bullshit me cuz i know when and how your engine gets messed up u start saying i do messed up when i put it together,

And that was when i get really pissed off with you cuz i was tired of your crap, and yes i said you F U many times and i will do it again cuz you abuse my trust i was trying to help you since DAY one and you know it no other shop will do what i do for you, teach you answering all your stupid questions up to 2 am in the morning giving you advise of how not to trow your money away like you did with a CARBON drive shaft that was about $900 that you really dont need, and trying to make me pay for your shit will be your last move i know, i will tell you just try me buddy try me, cuz your turd and all the money you can get wont gonna be enough to pay me after my layer finish with you.

But you know what,,,,

I am very glad all this shit happen to you, that will teach you one or two things about managing your money the right way and ask befor messing up something you dont know shit about, WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS, sweetie!
SF5 FOZZY
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

I have had my mom, and 3 other mechanics look at it. and they said had to have been assembled wrong... in those "9 or 10 months" Luis only had it registered since September. He only had a little over 1,000 miles on it in that time. I have put over 2,000 on it since I bought it. that is why it took until I bought it and drove it for it to shit the bed. not to mention that it had only been weekend driven and babied at that.... I daily drive it and drive it like it should be. And excluding the time you revved it to 8600 rpms at your house, it has NEVER been revved past 7300 rpms. and typically, I never took it over 6500.

After more examination, the over-torquing of the rod cap on number 4 caused it to bend out of round. that leaves me to buy $150 worth of rods, $70 worth of bearings, and not to mention the over $300 I had to spend on the top end. I am out over $500 from YOUR ****-ups!!!! that $500 was for me to move out of my place in 4 days. Now I can't afford that, and can't even make the rent here!!!
TRANSLATION: YOUR ****-UPS ARE CAUSING ME TO BE HOMELESS!!!

Realistically, I should be the one being an ass now... and demanding you make it right. But no, I admit it, I DID make a MISTAKE. I bought the piece of shit against my mom's advice.

Just a notice of my reality...

and you have the nerve to say "**** YOU LITTLE BITCH!" in a text? You're at least twice my age... Dude, grow up and admit when you screw up....

...With this, notice I still have not said one foul word to you, or about you... and I won't because that's the mature thing to do.

Now that you know what kind of living hell I am going through because of this, I'd like to know your reaction, because it will be a true show of your character.
hachicoupe

Post by hachicoupe »

and keep in mind, you're the only one that turned a wrench on it before it blew... so there is no way I could have ****** it up.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

hachicoupe wrote:I have had my mom, and 3 other mechanics look at it. and they said had to have been assembled wrong... in those "9 or 10 months" Luis only had it registered since September. He only had a little over 1,000 miles on it in that time. I have put over 2,000 on it since I bought it. that is why it took until I bought it and drove it for it to shit the bed. not to mention that it had only been weekend driven and babied at that.... I daily drive it and drive it like it should be. And excluding the time you revved it to 8600 rpms at your house, it has NEVER been revved past 7300 rpms. and typically, I never took it over 6500.
LYE, you know the car was running and i got prof of that, it went to Valdosta GA 375 miles and back another 375 mile perfectly wellabout 2 times a month since i do the build 9 to 10 month ago, And hell i was wrong cuz it was longer than that, look at the post in Hachiroku.net buddy! I AM TELLING THE TRUTH! check the DATE, I am Not a lier, oh and by the way how come i rev it to 8600 with a rev limiter to 7800 LOL you are funny! You may turn the knob to 9000 at your place to wow the dumb kids at your town!
http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31830
hachicoupe wrote:After more examination, the over-torquing of the rod cap on number 4 caused it to bend out of round. that leaves me to buy $150 worth of rods, $70 worth of bearings, and not to mention the over $300 I had to spend on the top end. I am out over $500 from YOUR ****-ups!!!! that $500 was for me to move out of my place in 4 days. Now I can't afford that, and can't even make the rent here!!!
TRANSLATION: YOUR ****-UPS ARE CAUSING ME TO BE HOMELESS!!!
Overt-torquing a rod do not make this go out of roundness, it makes the rod bolt to fail by fatigue on yield point, any engine builder will laugh at your dumbness so hard i will hear it here, you mess up your engine and are trying to blame me for your ****** ups sorry i got the logic behind my theory you just have a bunch of unbiased speculations from wannabes like you that you affirmatively told me dont know how to work or deal with 3TC engines, as well as you told me you dont have any machine shop who can deal with your engine!
hachicoupe wrote:Realistically, I should be the one being an ass now... and demanding you make it right. But no, I admit it, I DID make a MISTAKE. I bought the piece of shit against my mom's advice.
How come buddy LOL, go ahead try me i really wish you do, first of all any modified engine have any warranty IS BEING BUILT TO BREAK IT, and also i didnt build it for you, you buy it as a second hand, you want more? let me know there is more!
hachicoupe wrote:Just a notice of my reality...

and you have the nerve to say "**** YOU LITTLE BITCH!" in a text? You're at least twice my age... Dude, grow up and admit when you screw up....

...With this, notice I still have not said one foul word to you, or about you... and I won't because that's the mature thing to do.

Now that you know what kind of living hell I am going through because of this, I'd like to know your reaction, because it will be a true show of your character.
Well sorry but you are barking at the wrong tree, I say it once and i will say it again, You do ****** up your own engine you mess it up and after all the help i gave you, you are blaming me about it and want me to keep calm, oh hell no, let me tell you little ****, is not about age is about dignity here and i can see you have 0 none NADA!
I am sorry for your ****** up but i wasnt the one buying $900 bucks for a carbon drive shaft cuz some wannabe forum troll tell you it will give you more power, you could use those to buy you another month of rent LOL sorry but as i said before WELCOME TO THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS SWEETIE 8-)
Last edited by Toyota1515 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
SF5 FOZZY