Gear oil

This is the area where you vent or otherwise call each ofter out.
You can go off, but mods can use their discretion

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

BOBLOOK

Gear oil

Post by BOBLOOK »

I collected the R154 tranny the other day and gearbox oil spoil in my car :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

This oil smell really bad now i have clean it or is there a secret to remove the smell out of my car

I remember back in the days i polled an tranny the oil spoil on my hair went to the barber for cut after i couldn't get the smell out.
The day we learn to think
corolllin

Re: Gear oil

Post by corolllin »

oooooooh...you my friend are screwed... old gear old NEVER comes out....
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

corolllin wrote:oooooooh...you my friend are screwed... old gear old NEVER comes out....
:cry: :cry: i will have to cut the trunk carpet out can't stand the smell
The day we learn to think
lopez286

Post by lopez286 »

your done for :(
corolllin

Post by corolllin »

febreeze it,..... hahahahaha
VinceG2

Post by VinceG2 »

I saw this one Yahoo Answers when I typed in Spilled Gear Oil to Google. Note that this is not me answering, but the answer someone posted to someone else:
Having been an auto mechanic for over 30 years getting unwanted oil and grease stains out of interior carpets has come up every now and then. What will work will depend on how much gear oil has been spilt. If it is wet to the touch than use sawdust to absorb it and vacuum out the sawdust. If it is not wet or you have now absorbed the wet oil with sawdust I would try a product called 'brake clean' It is available at any auto parts store and it is what is used to remove oil and grease from brakes. (the chemical in brake clean is the same as what some dry cleaners use for cleaning clothes) Do not spray the carpet with the brake clean though, instead spray a clean rag with the brake clean and blot up the gear oil into the rag. Make sure you test a hidden area of the carpet first for colour fastness first so that the carpet doesn't get ruined. (I have never found an original equipment carpet installed in an automobile to be a problem) Also note that some brake clean products are flammable