People pay Rediculous prices on te72/ke70 items

This is the area where you vent or otherwise call each ofter out.
You can go off, but mods can use their discretion

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

toyorotor

Re: People pay Rediculous prices on te72/ke70 items

Post by toyorotor »

I agree 110% with toyota1515,
I've been in this game since 1992 and nothing has changed. I still love my imports
But they will never be worth what American Muscle is worth. Go on line and check.
You have some fools that are out there asking 8-9k for Te72 4 doors.
Just cause they have baby supras on with a header. Very Very few toyota out there will
Fetch 10k. You have your dreamers but hey like they said, u can ask whatever you want.

And there is nothing wrong with turning a profit on parts, But come on lets be serious. And what happen to helping eachother out ? There's a few guys on here that willing to go the extra mile to help u out.....but some wont even give u info on there build....
pufito18

Post by pufito18 »

i was not comparing the muscle cars with toyotas im just saying there are also valuable so if some one invests 9 or 10 k on a corolla does that mean i have to sell it for 3 or 4 k just cause its a japanese car with no value
i think the guys asking for those high prices is cause they got money invested in the car / but also i no you never get that money back but u try to get the most u can . this conversetion is about toyota;s not muscle cars / we all no they worth more but also the toyota,s wen money is been invested in them , but we all have different opinions that.s all good , don,t kill me haha :lol: :shock: the older the car parts are the more value it is just like every thing else in life is , meaning vintage its not the opossite the older it is the cheaper. for example i have great prices and i still get low offers and i still hook people up but some people are different with different opinions . For the average person car collecting is a hobby. A person usually has a fascination with a certain vehicle or a history with one so seeks a certain make or model. Finding an antique car at an affordable price is not hard but can be relatively expensive depending on the condition or the desired end result. The less work required on a vehicle equates to a higher price. The more work required means a cheaper initial cost, but more in the long run, and a person's level of restoration experience plays an important part. check these cars out then i did some reasearch like u sed to compare to muscle cars i will look for more later .

http://www.jdmlegends.com/?p=5400 what u think the price shoud be let me no
http://www.jdmlegends.com/?p=4877how about this one
http://www.jdmlegends.com/?p=4080this one
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/car ... 74/176935/
http://www.toyota.co.jp/Museum/english/a03_10_1_5.html
these some of the cars im talking about wen i say vintage

Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

You got to know this hobby on ol school import is a work of love, not cuz you spend a gazillion amount of money means you will get it back with profit,

Also when you custom build them for your tastes lower the price and narrow the resale market of it, again a work of love,

How many times i have seen hot rods, or custom builds going for less of what they cost to build, on auctions around the nation,

The only Japanese car that will fetch pretty money is the Toyota 2000GT and only cuz Carrol Shelby put his hands on couple of them, and it was an exotic since the get go with a price comparable or grater than the top of the line ferrari of the era,

Those others are worth what the buyer is willing to pay for them, but they dont have a stipulated classic price like real classic cars whatsoever!
SF5 FOZZY
toyorotor

Post by toyorotor »

To me, and this is my opinion. ? Neither one of those celica is worth more than 9K. Think about what find of guys own these cars, Mostly Puerto ricans, alot of island guys and some other nationality here and there. Again this is my opinion, i dont think many of us will fork out 18k for a old import. And dont get me wrong i love the imports, look at my second build in the project section. i will dump money into my builds, but i know there is not going to be a big return in the end. Thats why i build to keep and pass on to my kids.

And i will like to point out some of the builds out there are worth alot of money. But some of the things you see out there arent worth $2000
and guys think they own gold cause its a import.
Search around and check Craigslist for AE86... you'll get a good laugh

ive seen a guy selling a stock corolla 8bolt rearend, talking like if he had a 8.8 ford with disc.

p.s that 510 IS SICK........ if i won the lotto i will give him 12k lol
Grumpy3TC

Post by Grumpy3TC »

The only thing I have to said is,WE are all trying to put together our dreams,some one have what they have and like to called gold,is ok too,BUT THE ONLY THING I BELIEVE IS WE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHERS NOT TO COMPETE AND MAKE A FORTUNE,SO PLEASE BE MORE CONSIDERED AND TRY HELP EACH ONE AT THE END.
MY 3tc is so Grumpy! I feel like eating one or two Rotaries for breakfast today!
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

+1

But sometimes people asked me for parts what i don't have they agree so i look for the items for them !
When i find them first reaction is happiness when i tell them the cost is another story.

1th; parts are not mine i need to contact to get it whether is an local seller or else doesn't matter.

2th: Some parts is pickup only so few times a spent like 5 hour to collect an set of te27 bumpers

3th: The purchase sum + gas fees+ expensive shipping costs

4th; Large items i can't ship i need to travel 2hours to cross the border to get the items shipped

I can understand it sound expensive sometimes

By saying it i have spend more time make more cost to by saying for helping others ??

Grumpy3TC wrote:The only thing I have to said is,WE are all trying to put together our dreams,some one have what they have and like to called gold,is ok too,BUT THE ONLY THING I BELIEVE IS WE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHERS NOT TO COMPETE AND MAKE A FORTUNE,SO PLEASE BE MORE CONSIDERED AND TRY HELP EACH ONE AT THE END.
The day we learn to think
Grumpy3TC

Post by Grumpy3TC »

[quote="BOBLOOK"]+1

But sometimes people asked me for parts what i don't have they agree so i look for the items for them !
When i find them first reaction is happiness when i tell them the cost is another story.

1th; parts are not mine i need to contact to get it whether is an local seller or else doesn't matter.

2th: Some parts is pickup only so few times a spent like 5 hour to collect an set of te27 bumpers

3th: The purchase sum + gas fees+ expensive shipping costs

4th; Large items i can't ship i need to travel 2hours to cross the border to get the items shipped
Last edited by Grumpy3TC on Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY 3tc is so Grumpy! I feel like eating one or two Rotaries for breakfast today!
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

:roll:
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

I can hardweld and cut BETTER cams for 1/3 the price!!!

With that said... back in 1993 I sold a set of Lucas foglamps, I paid $15 for, I sold for $550 at the Columbus Ohio Ford show

I grew up in the muscle car/pony car era... I owned 2 Shelby Mustangs(one GT-350H, one GT-500) , the SCJ Mach1, a 68 GTO.... The most I spent to purchase ANY of one them was $3500...

So PLEASE don't be so condescending about Jap tin... if you know so little about the muscle/pony car...

as to the 5 cars posted(these are my opinions based on nearly 40 years in the automotive industry...)

the first Celica appears to be totally original... ASSUMING it is in perfect condition... that car is easily worth $15,000... not to me, because I don't like the coupe body

The next 3 are all likely in the $5k to $10k range. Finally the KE15... is a bit over $10k