fan belt layout i have 3

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

kevneverlast

fan belt layout i have 3

Post by kevneverlast »

Problem is car sat 6-8 years and the fan belts were fused to the pulleys. We just cut them off and it was a while ago. I need to know what belts go to what pulley please. I can't find the layout or diagram
baldo

Re: fan belt layout i have 3

Post by baldo »

Well I know where 2 go but the other one only you know more than us! :lol: One is for the crank, water pump and Alt. The second one is for the crank and a/c. The other one you have to look and figure out if you have an air pump (that you can throw away) or power steering.
kevneverlast

Post by kevneverlast »

Sorry I posted after about an hour looking online. Ok I should of put more info. So here goes on the left side ( passenger side) there is what seems to be air conditioner condenser. Then two pulleys on the crank shaft. Then the alternator and also a tensioner pulley on the top.also the fan has a pulley wheel. So I have a total of 6 pulley wheels. There the a/c condenser and power steering. I was just so fustrated looking an looking online called the parts store no help. This is because some jerk stole the hood off the kid that I bought it from. I would of been able to use the sticker on the hood as a reference. So if anyone can tell me what belt size or each or at least two please. Like the length of the belt please for some reason I try to put pictures but it keeps saying to big. This is due to I have not seen many in a while in my area. The junk yards around me I have calle all listed they all tell me no parts for at least 100 miles. Thanks for any help guys it gets fustrating because I ha the car mint when I sold it. The kid just let it sit and rot away it's sad. I was the second owner and got it with 63,000 miles. I know what it was when I sold it so it's upsetting. You guys know these are a rare classic that goes unmentioned a lot because of the muscle cars. We need to keep it up with bringing them back
baldo

Post by baldo »

Its not that hard to get the parts then, you have everything that I said. So you need 3 belts. One is called the alternator belt. That goes to the crank, alt and water pump. Then you need a power steering belt (guess where that goes)........ Then you need an a/c belt. You will have to try lots of parts stores because not 1 have all the belts! :evil: Sometimes they will sell you one and its the wrong one. Best bet is to try ebay, they should have all of them.
I dont think you really are getting what you are looking at. The a/c condenser does not have a pulley. Then you said " There the a/c condenser and power steering " :? They should not even be close to each other. Thats why I am confused and I think you might have an air pump also. If you just want to start the car just get an alt belt. Then the power steering belt to drive it. It will be cold so you can get the a/c belt next year! :lol: :lol:
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Post an picture so we can check !

SAmple

The day we learn to think