FI intake

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

toyotero2dend

FI intake

Post by toyotero2dend »

I have a question for you guys,your help will be greatly appreciated,,On an FI intake mani does it matter where on the runners the injectors are placed? I see some intakes where the injectors are placed very close to the flange/ and I also see applications where the injector is placed further back on the runners, Is there any performance gains on any of the two applications??
Tate Quieto
BOBLOOK

Re: FI intake

Post by BOBLOOK »

I think the position of the injector more to avoid the head created by the head. For carb i would said install it further away so mixture can atomize. Nowaday injector are atomizers so no need for injector position. Few engine todat have the injector bug in the head.
The day we learn to think
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Thanks for the info 73GTV & Boblook,,,,I've been doing a lil research and there is a purpose for the positioning of the injector, ,way close to the flange is for torque & way up close to the air box is for High reving,,but that on a boosted engine it will make no difference cause air and fuel is being forced into the engine..so for street car use it close to the flange & race car up close to the air box. ;)
Tate Quieto
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Anyone knows if a microtech lt8 can run a 3tc with 4 injectors fuel only??
Tate Quieto