Cold start weber option

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

BOBLOOK

Cold start weber option

Post by BOBLOOK »

Notise some weber have this Cold start weber option another don't will this affect the morning start much ?
The day we learn to think
Spudenater

Re: Cold start weber option

Post by Spudenater »

I'm not sure I understand... Do you mean like a choke? like, I know my 40 DCOE has a choke of sorts, never need to use it unless ambient temp is like 65* or below, even then it's just for a second to get it going then it idles a touch rough until it's warm.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Spudenater wrote:I'm not sure I understand... Do you mean like a choke? like, I know my 40 DCOE has a choke of sorts, never need to use it unless ambient temp is like 65* or below, even then it's just for a second to get it going then it idles a touch rough until it's warm.
Yes correct i wanted to buy an weber what is witout this coldstart choke. But feliz told me you can install it later no problem

Yeah here is cold in the winter so i will need it Thanks
Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

Hmm, I don't know. Mine came with the choke switch already attached, I couldn't imagine how you could install it if you didn't already have it. But that's a DCOE, maybe the 32/36 and 38/38 are different. What type of weber do you plan to get?
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

I checked see to have two sort of weber with and without now i was doubt about it and someone confirm me it the same carb. You can buy the cold start separate and install in on the existing weber ! Brupp am rookie in weber to so i don't know

Blanking plate

Cold start elimination kit

Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

Oh interesting.. The top image looks like mine, I didn't realize the mechanism was so simple! Yeah, then it looks like you could have it either way, and converting to or from wouldn't be very hard at all.
bubbajohnson

Post by bubbajohnson »

I have the cold start chokes on my 40mm DCOE's. Honestly, I've never used them. Even when it's been 20-32 degrees F, so 0 C or below, I can always get it started after a few tries. (Pump pedal 3 times, fire it up, feather the gas, it dies, try again, etc....) once it gets going I run it at 1500-2000rpms for about a minute to a minute and a half and then I can start driving.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Spudenater wrote:Oh interesting.. The top image looks like mine, I didn't realize the mechanism was so simple! Yeah, then it looks like you could have it either way, and converting to or from wouldn't be very hard at all.
Picture was is from ebay an guy selling this set together
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

bubbajohnson wrote:I have the cold start chokes on my 40mm DCOE's. Honestly, I've never used them. Even when it's been 20-32 degrees F, so 0 C or below, I can always get it started after a few tries. (Pump pedal 3 times, fire it up, feather the gas, it dies, try again, etc....) once it gets going I run it at 1500-2000rpms for about a minute to a minute and a half and then I can start driving.
Rotary cold start sucks even in summer :lol: :lol:
Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

I can get my car going easy enough without the cold start mechanism, but with it it's much easier. I just ran a push/pull cable to it, one pump of the gas and a half pull on the cable and it starts first time. Without it I have to pump, turn it over for a second, let it die, pump, turn it over a couple more seconds, and then just barely throttle it to keep it going until it's warm. Long story short, not necessary but nice to have.