Cold start weber option

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

BOBLOOK

Re: Cold start weber option

Post by BOBLOOK »

I think different engine different need i can said mine 12a is horrible when it comes to cold start since we have winter -10 to 12 C for four mounts i think i wont doubt about getting it to work
The day we learn to think
Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

Yeah I got a 3TC in a wagon, worst I got to worry about is like 35*. Typically it's in a garage though, which helps immensely. If I were in your position I would definitely get one of those cold-start mechanisms, negative degrees are no joke. Do you have a block heater?
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Spudenater wrote:Yeah I got a 3TC in a wagon, worst I got to worry about is like 35*. Typically it's in a garage though, which helps immensely. If I were in your position I would definitely get one of those cold-start mechanisms, negative degrees are no joke. Do you have a block heater?
:shock: :shock: :shock: Now your say something about block heater i forgot i need to change the radiator water for antifreeze totally forgot

No i don't have block heater antifreeze work find Thank s
baldo

Post by baldo »

Most people on sites with webers say they take the cold start out. They say its easier to flood with it than hitting the gas pedal a few times, or you can only try it once then it floods.
Now that you forgot to take the water out. How many freezing days has gone by? I always wondered if it takes one day or more of freezing cold for the engine to expand and break. It could just be if you dont drive for months and the engine freezes and melts over and over. fatigue?
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

We luckily didn't have an extreme low temperature jet.

I haven't turn the car over for like 2 months !

But i have expiriance 12a engine block froze before we forgot the antifreeze to. When we turn the engine the fanbelt started whining like an angry pig :lol: :lol:. And suddenly the belt started to smoking we where like WTF. The waterpump jam no way we cold turn it by hand. So we let it run for few min and it came lose.

No harm on the engine so far its still running.

Not sure hole long the temp days have to go by before is start frozen

At +4 degrees C water start to freeze brupp and my balls @ +14 C :lol: :lol: :lol:
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Ones i remove the stock oem intake to change it for the rotaryshack. water true the intake wil be eliminated so them i buy antifreeze in it .