2rz swap

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Sd3tc

2rz swap

Post by Sd3tc »

hey guys its been a while since I've been on here.
its been a little busy at work and a new NEW toy (Honda shadow) that I picked up at the end of last year slowed some progress down.
well I sold the engine at the beginning of the year and picked up my complete 2rz from a very good friend of mine.
I finally made some free time to finish up the project and have engine and trans bolted in but I have not found any good info
on a radiator most guys run to keep this thing cool.
for now heres some progress shots:
check us out at:
facebook.com/ourtoyotatendencies

isntagram:
ourtoyotatendencies
njccmd2002

Re: 2rz swap

Post by njccmd2002 »

i would be very interested to see what mods did you do to get this baby runnin, mate. definetely something i would love to see
Nothing here yet, just and empty space... I just wasted 10 seconds of your life when u finish reading this... LOL
Sd3tc

Post by Sd3tc »

njccmd2002 wrote:i would be very interested to see what mods did you do to get this baby runnin, mate. definetely something i would love to see
still in the process, only have time on sundays to try and get it pieced together but engine and trans are in and Im upgrading the rear end to a pick up 7.5 which surprising is very similar to the original. Toyota seems to use the same pinion angle on most of their solid rear ends and the new rear end is only about an inch wider on each side.
I will get more pictures next weekend and post up. cant wait to drive this thing
check us out at:
facebook.com/ourtoyotatendencies

isntagram:
ourtoyotatendencies
cnister1

Post by cnister1 »

Any updates on this build? i am contemplating a 2rz swap myself in my 81 TE72, nothing fancy just a weekend cruiser and having a newer engine EFI would be a great upgrade..