Flywheel and Clutch for W50 to 3tgte?

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

BoxyBrown

Flywheel and Clutch for W50 to 3tgte?

Post by BoxyBrown »

So i have a 81 wagon with a 3tgte with a w50 tranny. about a month ago, i was shifting into third and this hard thumping started. im not 100 but it seems like the flywheel...when its running, in neutral, theres a hard metal on metal sound, then when the clutch is in, the sound goes away. engine is fine and driveshaft is chill'n. I dont really know what flywheel specs i need or where i can work on the wagon in the Bay Area...the only few shops charge out the ass...Ideas? suggestions? appreciate any info. thanks
mikealike

Re: Flywheel and Clutch for W50 to 3tgte?

Post by mikealike »

Boxy
Your going to need a 4 speed flywheel and the 4 speed pressure plate and a custom disk, let me know if i can help. Mikealike
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
BoxyBrown

Post by BoxyBrown »

Hey thanks a bunch Mikealike. would you get one from brd racing? not sure where to get the right parts.
BoxyBrown

Post by BoxyBrown »

ok, it turns out my Tranny is a T50 with 1-4th TRD gears.
BoxyBrown

Post by BoxyBrown »

So I need to know where i can get a clutch kit for a t50...in the states.
BoxyBrown

Post by BoxyBrown »

Ok, so I went with a whole different set up. I contacted Randy at BRDracing and and waiting for my w50 "steal-case" tranny, short shifter, adapter plate to attatch the original t50 bell housing, lightened flywheel from 25 to 12lbs, and custom clutch kit. I am waiting for it to be all shipped next week, so once i get it thrown in and get the custom drive shaft....bam...boxy is back in action!