I'm new need a little help with my 81 wagon!!

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

joey9612

I'm new need a little help with my 81 wagon!!

Post by joey9612 »

I have an 81 wagon with stock 3tc engine with msd 6al digital ignition mallory racing coil with the original 3t carburetor header an stage 1 crane cams camshaft and xtd stage 2 clutch system. I want a little more power. I have another head, i think is a 2t head because i remove from a 77 toyota corolla sr5 i want to know what kind of work need that head need and wich kind of carburetor weber or holley 350 is best for gain a little more power for my wagon!!
I will thanks for any kind of advice!!
bubbajohnson

Post by bubbajohnson »

You'll definitely get a nice power boost by going with a Weber 32/36, even without touching the head yet. You have the exhaust, cam and ignition already and Webers work well when they can breathe and get a nice hot spark! A fresh head with some slightly oversized valves would work nicely with the cam, exhaust and weber too, all depends upon your budget.
baldo

Post by baldo »

If its going to be a daily and you want gas mileage you should start with a 32/36. If you want to take advantage of your set up and get some extra hp get a 38/38. Your other options are holley, dcoe or efi. Also depends on the amount of work you want to do. Changing the carb is one thing, changing the head is a lot more work and parts. So it comes down to what you really want to do with it.