Head leaking bad!

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

punto8_369

Re: Head leaking bad!

Post by punto8_369 »

Toyota1515 wrote:So is leaking inside the combustion chamber?

I got a experience before with a wrongly ported head that the valve spring pressure broke into the intake port with a tiny crack, u can check on that as well as in the exhaust side, some think anyone can port a head but sometimes almost 80% of those are dead wrong LOL :lol:
I dont think its the head that was shaved wrong its stamped on both sides with EL VIUDO and some numbers on it and the guy i bought the motor from had it running fine, am lost here am gonna take it to the machine shop to see if they can find a crack anywhere and yes the leak is coming from the two exhaust ports 3 and 4 am thinking maybe the valves are barely bent were its not even noticeable :roll:
73te27

Post by 73te27 »

Bent valves shouldnt introduce oil. I said that before I knew what was leaking.

I had the BRD rocker collars on before and they cracked one of my valve guide towers off. I guess I didnt give enough play and they didnt come with instructions. Maybe yours are slightly cracked.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Is not how it was shaved, it how it was ported if the port walls are to thin time and heat cycles and vibration with crack the port walls right where the valve spring is applying pressure on the top of the port, i found that many times bro!
SF5 FOZZY
punto8_369

Post by punto8_369 »

Kool man good to know.... I have another head might just trow that one in for now depending on what the machine shops finds
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

At the valve guide you need to check if the valve has play, and don't use the valve seals that come in the kit the ones that look like a piece of rubber hose with two wires around it
Tate Quieto
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

toyotero2dend wrote:At the valve guide you need to check if the valve has play, and don't use the valve seals that come in the kit the ones that look like a piece of rubber hose with two wires around it
Yeah those are CRAP
SF5 FOZZY
punto8_369

Post by punto8_369 »

Yeah i know there garbage but i was in a hurry put it back together so i used them.... Were can i find better seals? And ive talk to a couple people and they tell me it could be the valve guides that are bad.... Lets see what the machine shop finds i heard there pretty good will see
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Brd racing has the seals and if the guides are bad he has em too,just need to machine em if they too long ;)
Tate Quieto
punto8_369

Post by punto8_369 »

Kool man thanks for the good info i just dropped the head off at the machine shop am crossing my fingers is not to bad :(
punto8_369

Post by punto8_369 »

Got the head back from the shop everything is perfect on the head so took a better look at the pistons and found that the piston rings are bad theres a tiny little crack thats bringing the oil up.... So i decided to bore the block put bigger pistons, rods, and a cam on it ;) might as well take care of that issue once and for all