oil way mods

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

ollimpiblue

oil way mods

Post by ollimpiblue »

is there any mods can be done on a 3tc oilways to help keep more presure in the bottom end, does the head need as much oil
Estebot

Re: oil way mods

Post by Estebot »

You can pull the large bolt off of the oil pump, behind it is a spring. Ad a thin washer behind it. Will increase oil pressure. . Don't look for an extra thick washer or double up. A normal washer does a lot.
Estebot

Post by Estebot »

You can pop the cap off of the rocker shafts and clean them out. It's nasty in there. Believe me. Also clean the oil groove order the rocker. They do get nasty after years of being on the road or sittin around. That's all you really need to do .
red888

Post by red888 »

Estebot wrote:You can pull the large bolt off of the oil pump, behind it is a spring. Ad a thin washer behind it. Will increase oil pressure. . Don't look for an extra thick washer or double up. A normal washer does a lot.
hi sir following this with interest, which bolt am i going to add the shim ?
pics follows: >>> http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/diag_AxvT3g.png
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

If I can remember it goes behind the spring. Mines have the same thing done.
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

I looked at the toyodiy photo... you want to add a thin shim between the spring and the cap bolt. Not knowing that pump if the spring fits "inside" the bolt... then you want a shim that fits in there too. Don't add a washer around the threads of the cap bolt for that will be a disadvantage.

btw... this mod will NOT increase pressure or volume... it WILL provide a high peak pressure before "popping" open to dump the oil back into the pan.
ollimpiblue wrote:is there any mods can be done on a 3tc oilways to help keep more presure in the bottom end, does the head need as much oil
The only way I know of is install some form of restrictor in the oil passage from the block to the head. HKS makes a kit for the 4AGE that has an up rated spring, and a restrictor.

The best things to do are to make sure the bearing clearances are within specification, that will keep pressure up and bearings well lubricated
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

The spring shim will only increase the overall oil pressure Noting else the volume will remain the same ! The shim thickness determine the spring relief tension so the pressure is increased. It Also increase the oil temp what you don't want. I still so in some engine :lol: :lol:

They sell high volume oil pump for this particular engine.
The day we learn to think