broken axle shaft repair help.

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

beastinisgr8

broken axle shaft repair help.

Post by beastinisgr8 »

Well I recently purchased it and the passenger axle shaft can literally be pulled out with tire off. Will I have to get an entire rear end and what models and years can I get it from? Thanks.
baldo

Re: broken axle shaft repair help.

Post by baldo »

I really dont get your question. once you take the 4 nuts of the axle you do have to just literally pull the axle out. :? Can it come off with the tire on? I dont see how the tire will hold the axle all by itself. So here are my questions. I recently purchased it......... the axle or a car? I really dont hear much about axles going bad unless it was abused or running high HP. Does the axle have 4 bolts holding it? If the driver side does not come off see what the difference is. Any pics?
"what models and years can I get it from? " Is this a stock corolla or ae86 or something else? All you need is to get the part for your car unless its a Frankenstein. By that I mean like a Datsun or Mazda with Toyota parts.
Now this I dont know, but never heard axles not fitting a car. Maybe Toyota has the same spline axles for all the cars. Again, I mean 80, 81,82. Maybe ae86? Maybe you can get lucky and all be the same! :D
AE25

Re: broken axle shaft repair help.

Post by AE25 »

the only way an axle can come out of the rear is if :
the 4 bolts holding the axle bearing retaining plate have come out, Or
the bearing end plate has sheared off, Or
the collar holding the axle bearing on has slipped off and the bearing has pulled off the axle too.

Need more information for us to help you.