engine upgrade need help:

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

KCIKE

engine upgrade need help:

Post by KCIKE »

just want to say hello! it`s being a while since my last post that never got a reply.. any way i`m here again cu`z i got my hands
on aTE72 wagon witch is going to be painted next week. it is a stock engine and i have a set of weber`s 45
and a 310 camshaft to put in my engine. my question is witch would be the right set-up for this motor so that don`t get over
heated.i mean size of piston and how much can i reduce the head! any input would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.
oh, other thing how can i upload pictures and what size should be?
oldeskewltoy

Re: engine upgrade need help:

Post by oldeskewltoy »

ASSUMPTION: 310 cam is 310 degrees duration? Not knowing the 3T as well as I know the 4A... it is likely you will need a few thousand dollars worth of supporting parts, and machine work to properly run a 310 duration cam.

If you are prepared for that kind of expense, I'd say new pistons at the very least, and headwork would be advised to "get all you can" from the cam
KCIKE

Post by KCIKE »

I was told to shaved the block at 40 and the head at 40 as well and to leave the cylinders stock that way the engine won`t
over heat! and to get a set of double springs.. does it sound right to you?
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

KCIKE wrote:I was told to shaved the block at 40 and the head at 40 as well and to leave the cylinders stock that way the engine won`t
over heat! and to get a set of double springs.. does it sound right to you?
40, and 40 is .080", or over 2mm. Just cutting, without knowing isn't the best way to build an engine. Yes a cut of the block to get the piston closer to the head, and cutting the head shrinks the volume of the chamber... BUT neither of these take into account other changes they cause... cutting the head and block 2mm may cause rocker, or pushrod issues. Double springs may also cause pushrod issues. As I said I'm far more familiar with the DOHC "A" engines... but I do know that quality machining, and careful assembly are paramount to a good build.
KCIKE

Post by KCIKE »

all i need is someone to point me in the right direction on how i should go with my engine. i want a set-up with the items that i have so the engine won`t over heat or cause any trouble for me! i know that it takes $$$ to prep an engine, but i want to do it only one time so any advice i`ll take it under consideration :D ... thank you mis toyoteros!! yo tambien hablo espanol..