Weber 32/36 over Stock Carb?

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Johnye17

Weber 32/36 over Stock Carb?

Post by Johnye17 »

I'm trying to make my 3TC as close to stock (and fuel efficient) as possible. my current carb (from an '83 4AC) works sorta well; when cold starting, I feel as if the carb loses fuel or something bc I have to crank it a few times, hit the gas twice then play with the accelerator until it stops shutting down (my original carb didn't have this problem, but it didn't idle well). once the car reaches a bit of temp it works better.

Also, my car has literally NO emissions anything (from when my dad street raced it), plan on getting the catalytic soon. I had read that Toyota carbs need the emissions systems to work well. is this true? I've thought of getting a 32/36 as the only vacuum hose it needs is the distributor one, and everyone's told me the car runs better with it, even better MPG.

thanks to everyone in advance :!: :!:

PS: if this question has already been answered please point me in the right direction :D
pistonbrain

Re: Weber 32/36 over Stock Carb?

Post by pistonbrain »

I'm not exactly sure what your question is.

I've got a 2TC with a Weber 32/36 and can wholeheartedly say it was the best thing I every did to the car. Throttle response and power are way up, and I haven't noticed any loss of fuel economy (although I haven't seen any improvement either). Start-ups are now instant and trouble free; just pump the gas to reset the choke if it's cold and go. The sheer number of vacuum lines removed by this modification alone is worth it.

I had a similar setup to you (no emissions what-so-ever), and saw similar behaviour with my stock carb. It would barely run when cold and idle at 1500RPM when warm.

Let me know if I didn't actually answer your question.
Johnye17

Re: Weber 32/36 over Stock Carb?

Post by Johnye17 »

pistonbrain wrote:I'm not exactly sure what your question is.

I've got a 2TC with a Weber 32/36 and can wholeheartedly say it was the best thing I every did to the car. Throttle response and power are way up, and I haven't noticed any loss of fuel economy (although I haven't seen any improvement either). Start-ups are now instant and trouble free; just pump the gas to reset the choke if it's cold and go. The sheer number of vacuum lines removed by this modification alone is worth it.

I had a similar setup to you (no emissions what-so-ever), and saw similar behaviour with my stock carb. It would barely run when cold and idle at 1500RPM when warm.

Let me know if I didn't actually answer your question.
By saying your start ups are faster and better, plus having more power than with the stock carb you have answered it. thanks, now i just got to figure a way to adapt the little thing that accelerates the carb when the AC is turned on to the Weber