Upgrading a stock 3tc

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

static624

Upgrading a stock 3tc

Post by static624 »

Hey guys I have a 82 4dr Corolla sporting the 3 speed automatic, the car is low miliage with a solid engine that shouldnt die soon, I'm looking to upgrade this car (auto to manual too)
and I just want to know if any other Toyota or similar vehicle has parts that fit (intakes and exhausts etc. from newer motors, aftermarket parts from ae86 suspension etc) I only ask this cause where I live has too much taxes to justify importing parts, but we have 6 scrapyards in town and around making used parts very cheap, any advice is appreciated
static624

Re: Upgrading a stock 3tc

Post by static624 »

The most common engines/ cars are the ae92 Corollas, sr5 model Toyota's, 20r + 22r, occasional pre 80s Alfa Romeo (parts only, maybe some old webers) mk3 supra, Lexus (either impounded or wrecked, they're popular with rich teens in my area).
These are all very common at the scrapyards/Craigslist, if any of these could work should I bother using them as parts?
AE25

Post by AE25 »

So im assuming you have a te72 sedan in USA?
Theres plenty you can do to a 3tc for more power. Turbo etc.
As for engine swaps, the e7 chassis has had pretty much everything you can think of shoehorned into it.
The usual questions need to be asked.. what is your budget? How much of the work can you do yourself? What purpose do you want to upgrade the car? Do you have any goal in mind?
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

static624 wrote:Hey guys I have a 82 4dr Corolla sporting the 3 speed automatic, the car is low miliage with a solid engine that shouldnt die soon, I'm looking to upgrade this car (auto to manual too)
and I just want to know if any other Toyota or similar vehicle has parts that fit (intakes and exhausts etc. from newer motors, aftermarket parts from ae86 suspension etc) I only ask this cause where I live has too much taxes to justify importing parts, but we have 6 scrapyards in town and around making used parts very cheap, any advice is appreciated
Since you have not given an address or country that you are from under your screen name, it makes it difficult to compare parts locations and prices that may aid you in your project build. That may help to get more replies to your original questions. Thanks