efi build need help

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

pr82rola

efi build need help

Post by pr82rola »

i need help with my 3tc efi build i have in the making. my plan for the build is 400rwhp te72 3tc. i plan on doing this in baby steps. I was planning on going blow through but i need reliability out of it so i said screw it go or go home.
I'm not sure which is the best route to for efi systems. I'm kinda leaning towards microtech lt-9c they have the ecu and wiring going for around 1,200$
custom intake manifold with fuel rail and throttle body i have some dsm 440 bluetop high impedance injectors left over from a honda build. and i'm not sure what else i would need other than maybe my ignition. i dont know which ignition system i should run would msd be sufficient for what i need. any input would be great where i can find these parts would be helpful and if you have better ideas from personal experience i would appreciate it.
pr82rola

Re: efi build need help

Post by pr82rola »

40 views no replies. i thought guys here are into efi
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

pr82rola wrote:40 views no replies. i thought guys here are into efi
Yea I'm suprised no reply either but but from my experience here goes you need a waste gate blow off valve I'm using a haltech f10x fuel only stock welded distributor msd 6al aeromotive fuel pump and efi regulator -10 an fuel line and -8 an return 1200cc low impedance injectors but recommend high. Old school j tech intake t66 turbonetics turbo custom turbo header a wide band manual boost control and Hmm what else. Oh and my motor is done up = it's going to be costly so get ready to spend and I need to get my car tuned still. So good luck :shock:
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

I'm running Megasquirt on mine using 2TGEU intake manifold. Runs great and gets great gas mileage. You can check most of my build here:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=169

The forum is a pretty lonely place and most people read without posting so don't feel bad if you don't get many replies. Happens to all of us.
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

efi for a 400whp boost is a bit different then efi for a 135hp n/a engine.

Injectors will be different, ignition map will be different, some sensors will be different. Are you going to be using a single throttle body, or multiples? Do you know how long you want your intake manifold? Ideal length would have the intake bounce hit the intake valve at, or just before the cam you are using hits its torque peak.

As far as systems... Are you fully capable to wire it in, and tune it? If you are not, BEFORE you buy a system, ask around at the local tuner shops what they are most proficient tuning... then get one of the systems the tuner tunes.

As far as systems... have you looked into ViPec?