carbs vs efi

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

UtahSleeper

Re: carbs vs efi

Post by UtahSleeper »

Bang for buck...........depends on what your priorities are. My bang for buck was EFI. Megasquirt wasn't expensive and I found a manifold and TB for around 580 some years ago. I think in the end I spent about 1k doing a half ass job EFI conversion. For me, it was worth it and not too expensive considering it was a complete change of the fuel and ignition system.

For consistency, EFI all the way.

If the car is a toy then do what you want. You do get performance in all cases when replacing the stock intake and carb lol.
Attempt at a car channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/UtahSleeper
1980 Corolla
1988 Celica Alltrac
2013 FR-S
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

Yea I'm glad that I stuck it out and left mines fuel injected I learned so much and it's really not that hard even with my set up with hacked wires no one guiding me just plain Internet searching alot of youtube searching a couple of good people with good suggestions and helping me keeping me calmed and good friends. I consider myself lucky. .but it's well worth it and with my experience I hope I can help anyone or try to guide them right.
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

True, knowledge is power!
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

I love this place!
SF5 FOZZY
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

mallito1.8 wrote:Yea I'm glad that I stuck it out and left mines fuel injected I learned so much and it's really not that hard even with my set up with hacked wires no one guiding me just plain Internet searching alot of youtube searching a couple of good people with good suggestions and helping me keeping me calmed and good friends. I consider myself lucky. .but it's well worth it and with my experience I hope I can help anyone or try to guide them right.
do you know megasquirt
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

hemilove wrote:
mallito1.8 wrote:Yea I'm glad that I stuck it out and left mines fuel injected I learned so much and it's really not that hard even with my set up with hacked wires no one guiding me just plain Internet searching alot of youtube searching a couple of good people with good suggestions and helping me keeping me calmed and good friends. I consider myself lucky. .but it's well worth it and with my experience I hope I can help anyone or try to guide them right.
do you know megasquirt
Nope sorry buddy I just learned the hard way haltech f10x
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

mallito1.8 wrote:
hemilove wrote:
do you know megasquirt
most systems from my experience are basically the same
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

All goes through the crank position sensor for spark and o2 for enrichment. The coolant temp sensor does the the same if cold more fuel if warm less fuel.
AIT sensor reads the temp of the air coming in the intake manifold. Tps gives the computer a percentage of the amount of time the injectors need to shoot out at or how long to stay open. MAP manifold absolute pressure sensor reads pressure through vacuum. Edis gives spark but works together with the CPU sensor .
Is there something I'm missing or not understanding my fuel pressure is set at 45lbs and my fuel is good. How do yall see efi
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

mallito1.8 wrote:
hemilove wrote:
do you know megasquirt
mikealike wrote: most systems from my experience are basically the same
tell that to PSI... My FJO 341Bv2 was completely beyond them.... :cry: