TB EFI for 3TC - Will it work?

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

toyotero2dend

Re: TB EFI for 3TC - Will it work?

Post by toyotero2dend »

Guys i need a lil info. Here,,,would a microtech LT8 work fine on a 3tc tb intake?can it get set up with the hand programmer ,or would it have to get sent to Australia to get it set for the 3tc engine?
Tate Quieto
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

toyotero2dend wrote:Guys i need a lil info. Here,,,would a microtech LT8 work fine on a 3tc tb intake?can it get set up with the hand programmer ,or would it have to get sent to Australia to get it set for the 3tc engine?
Good question juan chime in please.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Just got my email answered from microtech :( ,,Jon wrote;,if the unit came off a 2.6 Mitsubishi ,then it won't work on your engine.All microtech ecu's are application specific which means they will not work on one particular engine only.The unit is also too old for us to change to suit another engine.We made the LT8 from 1999-2001 and we can not buy parts ,we need to modify them any more.You will be much better off buying a newer unit is already set up for your car.!,,//:: I do not comprehend this,there is software for a lab top to program the ecu,there is also a hand held programmer to program the ecu,so it should be able to get it working on a 3tc turbo,,rite or wrong??? :?:
Tate Quieto
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

I guess no one knows :( :?:
Tate Quieto
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

You can get it to work with your car as long as its not a rotary engine setup u can use it in your 3tc as is a fuel only set up if it was in a starion 2.6 it also works as a fuel only setup and it does work with your car as they can accommodate as much as 8 injectors, By the way John is an ass and all he wants is to sell you a new system, ohh i know him well., also yes you can tune it with the hand held controller without the need of a laptop computer, as long as the old setup is not locked with a password you can if you need the password let me know i may get it for you or i can overite it with a password of my own.
SF5 FOZZY
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Lol Toyota I don't know the guy it was just an email,,anyways thank you for the info.the 2.6 was starting but never ran cause my friend didn't like that engine,he going with the 4g63 set up and a diff. Ecu so when done,, it at least should start my engine.
Tate Quieto
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

Toyota1515 wrote:You can get it to work with your car as long as its not a rotary engine setup u can use it in your 3tc as is a fuel only set up if it was in a starion 2.6 it also works as a fuel only setup and it does work with your car as they can accommodate as much as 8 injectors, By the way John is an ass and all he wants is to sell you a new system, ohh i know him well., also yes you can tune it with the hand held controller without the need of a laptop computer, as long as the old setup is not locked with a password you can if you need the password let me know i may get it for you or i can overite it with a password of my own.
Wow I was thinking the same +1
AE25

Post by AE25 »

I didn't read the whole thread. . but often with older ecu's that are setup for one engine configuration can be adapted to others if the other uses the same type of distributor sensor (hall effect/optical/variable reluctor etc) and trigger wheel, also requires same signal to ecu from throttle position, map or afm, water and air temp etc. If you change injector type it may need some extra electronic components to convert to low or high impedance. (peak and hold VS saturated). Some sensor signals can be converted to others like the sine wave of a variable reluctor to the square wave of hall effect or optical. But you gota ask yourself how much work is involved and would it be easier finding a more suitable ecu?
Then there's the ecu output to the ignition whether to an ignitor or direct to coil(s) which would need to replicate too, but that doesn't concern a fuel only setup.