wobble and shake.........

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

baldo

wobble and shake.........

Post by baldo »

So I had my car for a long time and it gets ok then sometimes it get worse. They told me a rim was bent because they couldnt balance it, then I went to my old job and balanced it.... :roll: Changed the rims to see if it made a difference, it didnt. The rear bearings were changed about a year ago and the right one is bad again already. Then when I slow down to stop you can feel the car wobble up and down and side to side but I cant tell if its from the front or back. Then sometimes when going fast the steering wheel shakes.
Now I will tell you all the work I have done so far so you can figure it out. I replaced rear bearings, tires, brake drums, brakes, front bearings, hubs, disc, brakes, all shocks.
I am thinking if a rim was bent can it bend the axle a bit? I am out of ideas here, I cant fix it and its getting on my nerves. :x :evil:
I have heard just about everything about what to do, so if somebody has something I have not heard of or had the same problem would be awesome. I will call you a genius and my best friend!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
73te27

Re: wobble and shake.........

Post by 73te27 »

Front suspension is worn. Could be tie rods, pitman, idler or all of them.
Usually shakes in the 25 to 40 mph range. Slower or faster steering doesnt shake as much.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Change your tires or swap them for other set i know what am saying :mrgreen:
The day we learn to think
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Tires might have lumps on em
Tate Quieto
baldo

Post by baldo »

73te27 Yeah all that is new also, it was done less than 6 months ago. Booblook, I replaced the tires I had for new ones about a year ago when I had the same problem, tried different rims and tires, nothing. So tires are good trust me. I told you guys I have tried almost EVERYTHING. :evil: :lol: But keep the ideas coming, somebody has to say something I have not done yet.
By the way I also replaced the driveshaft THIS year. Maybe its time to replace the car?
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Here's the good one! My suv use to do that & it was a bad brake drum it can happen with a bad rotor also
Tate Quieto
baldo

Post by baldo »

nope, already said I replaced it.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

The day we learn to think
baldo

Post by baldo »

I hate you!! :lol: Better not be the tires, but I dont know cause I have bought about 3 or 4 pair of tires for the front and rear and the same thing. Can the axles be bent? Im starting to think its a rear axle thingy problem. :x Maybe a gas paint job and a match will fix the problem. :twisted:
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Well i have seen new wheels wobble, i have seen new tires wobble, i have seen tires that never catch any balancing at all, and also have seen wobble axles just by went over curbs!
SF5 FOZZY