front 5 bolt hubs?

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

baldo

front 5 bolt hubs?

Post by baldo »

So we all know 13 inch tires are dying slowly. :lol: I can get bigger rims but "racing" looking ones are either 4 by 100 or 4.25 or 5 bolts. I know how to do the rear 5 bolts. What have you guys done for the front? Is there a hub that fits or do I need the whole strut assembly from a car? (say hub, say hub.....) :lol:
Toyota1515

Re: front 5 bolt hubs?

Post by Toyota1515 »

Easy way is to buy a Aerospace front brake/hub kit and done with it, about $600 bucks, other people have done it using S13 front suspension parts BUT it will increase your track to a point you will need to use FWD offset wheels to fit properly, other ways are using Starion struts or Cressida struts, but you will also increase the track and will need more parts like lower control arms and other stuff that need to be modified in order to work!
SF5 FOZZY
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Some people drill the hubs to fit 5x lugs $225 for pair Aerospace is like 600 to 650 kit but you have brake upgrade ! 15 inch wheels need to be installed
The day we learn to think
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

I'd say drill the hub I did it better said I had it done.
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

baldo

Post by baldo »

Where would you take it to have that done? I think there are only 2 machine shops around here and non would do it I dont think. Speed shops? I didnt even know you could do that so I do not have a clue! 15 inch is the size I have in mind.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

I said you better be off buying the Aerospace system u end up with bigger better brakes, lighter billet aluminum hubs and brake assembly and it will be safer than drilling the stock hubs, doing such job at a machine shop will set you back almost the same amount you will spend on the Aerospace system and it wont be 1/2 safer than the Aerospace system, trust me i have done it myself and i wont drill another set of front hubs ever,
SF5 FOZZY
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

Toyota1515 wrote:I said you better be off buying the Aerospace system u end up with bigger better brakes, lighter billet aluminum hubs and brake assembly and it will be safer than drilling the stock hubs, doing such job at a machine shop will set you back almost the same amount you will spend on the Aerospace system and it wont be 1/2 safer than the Aerospace system, trust me i have done it myself and i wont drill another set of front hubs ever,

I stopped the drilling of hubs do to the amount of materail tat has to be taken off inorder to do it correctly. Aerospace is the way to go.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Djs

Post by Djs »

Contact Luis Bonilla he is in ct. Look him up on facebook under fe racing garage or Try his car club ostcbpt.com he makes them all the time. He can make anything. The guy is talented. He just posted another set for sale two days ago.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Djs wrote:Contact Luis Bonilla he is in ct. Look him up on facebook under fe racing garage or Try his car club ostcbpt.com he makes them all the time. He can make anything. The guy is talented. He just posted another set for sale two days ago.
Yeap Fe can do em but is not doing them the right way as fe did but the end result wont be safe cuz the hub need to be milled and too much material is taken off to do it properly, and just for that reason compromises the hub integrity itself i have seen many using them with no problem, but i personally wont use em or make em anymore, and i could make some $$ doing so, but prefer not to cuz IMO is a safety hazard.
SF5 FOZZY