Lowering a 80 wagon

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Jmwboriocua

Lowering a 80 wagon

Post by Jmwboriocua »

Hi guys
I am tring to lower my 1980 wagon but i cant find anything out there. Have any one have some web places or any ideas?
toyotero2dend

Re: Lowering a 80 wagon

Post by toyotero2dend »

Front springs cut one turn & the back leaves get a 2" block , pep boys sells a kit is not for Toyota but it can be used. Check out RollaClub.Com In the forum section (lowering blocks with u bolts) there's a pic. In there that's what you need
Tate Quieto
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

+1 or make you own kit and block
toyotero2dend wrote:Front springs cut one turn & the back leaves get a 2" block , pep boys sells a kit is not for Toyota but it can be used. Check out RollaClub.Com In the forum section (lowering blocks with u bolts) there's a pic. In there that's what you need
The day we learn to think
Toywagon82

Post by Toywagon82 »

Jmwboriocua wrote:Hi guys
I am tring to lower my 1980 wagon but i cant find anything out there. Have any one have some web places or any ideas?

My buddy shortens front casings and builds them into coilovers.
And for rears we sell lowering blocks with custom u bolts to fit your wagon.if your interested in this feel free to send me a text for info.
323 895 9808
-Aaron
73 Te27
77 Te38
82 Te72
lepimpofpimps

Post by lepimpofpimps »

I have a kit for my ride but clue less on the installation
Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

I've also heard that fox body Mustang rear shocks will work well with a lowering block, all you have to do is change out the bushing. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, does anyone know the stock spring rate for TE72 wagon rears? I'm sure it's something sorta firm but I can't seem to find it.
Drift76

Post by Drift76 »

Toywagon82 wrote:

My buddy shortens front casings and builds them into coilovers.
And for rears we sell lowering blocks with custom u bolts to fit your wagon.if your interested in this feel free to send me a text for info.
323 895 9808
-Aaron
Toywagon82--What do you charge for the blocks and u-bolts??
rolla_rage

Post by rolla_rage »

Hey I have a set of 2" blocks I made specifically for my 82 wagon. They are steel tubing that has the plates welded on the ends to box them in. Has a hole and stud to work with factory Toyota axle. Painted black. They worked great but I have since done an axle swap and don't need them. $20shipped anywhere in the US. Lmk.

-J
Ecotec 2.0L LNF powered 82 Corolla Wagon daily driver. 314whp/344TQ
Spudenater

Post by Spudenater »

OP hasn't been around in a while it seems. I lowered my '80 wagon though, did all the work myself. If you need help or have specific questions, OP, PM me.