78 corolla deluxe suspension question...

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

damjr77

78 corolla deluxe suspension question...

Post by damjr77 »

Hi, brand new to the forum. I just came across a 78 corolla deluxe with a 2T-C engine. I am wanting to just do a little to the car. First and foremost is the suspension. The guy i got it from says he got it the way it was but i am not sure. The car drives okay. It does bounce a good amount and feels like it bottoms out at times??? I havent had a chance to look and see what has been done to the suspension. I am thinking i will just redo it all to be safe though. Any ideas as to what i should do to regain the ride-ability and keep the lowered look??? Not looking to spend a boat load of money but want it done right also. I look forward to hearing what you have to say and offer for insight. Thank you.
78 corolla 2.jpg
78 corolla 2.jpg (31.67 KiB) Viewed 6410 times
78 corolla 1.jpg
78 corolla 1.jpg (933 Bytes) Viewed 6410 times
BOBLOOK

Re: 78 corolla deluxe suspension question...

Post by BOBLOOK »

If they left the shocks stock oem length it will bottom like that ?
The day we learn to think
damjr77

Post by damjr77 »

That is exactly what had happened. I just replaced the rear shocks with 1993 camaro rear shocks. Already a huge difference. Now the next is the front where the guy cut two coils out of the springs. I have been looking at the coilover conversion kit for the strut assembly.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

damjr77 wrote:That is exactly what had happened. I just replaced the rear shocks with 1993 camaro rear shocks. Already a huge difference. Now the next is the front where the guy cut two coils out of the springs. I have been looking at the coilover conversion kit for the strut assembly.
Great to know ;)
The day we learn to think