Biggest wheels I can use

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

baldo

Biggest wheels I can use

Post by baldo »

So what are the biggest wheels I can use before I have to roll the fenders or hammer the shocks to make a wheel fit? If you cant tell by now Im not about to do that! :lol: I have seen 17s and they look nice but not for my car. I want to keep the "racing look". Just drop it a bit and no mods or hammering. Im thinking 15s are as big as I can go, but I can find 16s and dont know if it will fit without problems. I know the width has to do with it, Im just concerned about the hight with stock everything.
BOBLOOK

Re: Biggest wheels I can use

Post by BOBLOOK »

15 inch i have some borbet for sale
The day we learn to think
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

The day we learn to think
baldo

Post by baldo »

Thats what I thought. I am going for the racing look so those rims are a no go. But thanks man!
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Weld racing 15x 3.5" rim 135r tire,front,,,,15x7 4.5 rear spacing 225/50 tires For the rear you might like this combo. Baldo
Tate Quieto
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

A 16" wheel with the correct offset should work fine. The real concern is what tire you want to run.
baldo

Post by baldo »

Toyotero knew where I was going! :) But after thinking about it I would need more HP to move the bigger tires and keep everything how its supposed to. I think Im going to go 14. The reason was because the rims I wanted worked perfect with the rims I got, so I needed 15s in the back. And its too hard to find big size 13 tires now. :evil:
I might try going 15 when my engine is done. I dont think 16 will work cause I want big tires.
baldo

Post by baldo »

So what is the most positive offset that can fit in the back? +35 looks to be a bit much. I can find some +20. I rather have 0 but if something else fits...... Pics with 14 and 15 inch rims on a toyota welcome! :lol: