TE72 Bumpers - Need more info

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Justins82

TE72 Bumpers - Need more info

Post by Justins82 »

So this is where I have gotten too so I could get measurements and see how things were connected to get a better idea of what I am dealing with.

Now I have read through a lot of threads but there aren't many details about swaps in a whole. What I am wondering is do bumper swaps that use the covers from other cars like TE51's or 80's Hilux ect.. are we able to use the bumper foam from our plastics and bolt into our bumper? Are there any bumpers that can attach directly to our mounts in the engine bay? Any help and further detail would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching for bumpers for months with little to no luck, most in the junkyard and gone or badly damaged and the ones on ebay are stupid expensive + shipping.
oldeskewltoy

Re: TE72 Bumpers - Need more info

Post by oldeskewltoy »

I had custom bumpers made.

Front is just a tube bumper designed to fit the front

Rear began as yours is... the metal structure, then my body guy covered it with a thin sheet of steel, and then made a fillet to fill the top

not sure if that helps you or not...........
Justins82

Re: TE72 Bumpers - Need more info

Post by Justins82 »

oldeskewltoy - Yup I have seen your posts before as well but yours are original so wanted to steer away from copying. Thank you for the reply though.

I ended up finding some Civic bumpers off a 1st gen

This is what it looks like mocked up on the front

The front fits perfectly width wise
The rear is looking to be too short
*Main problem atm is our bumper is taller, so I'll have to fabricate a bracket to mount the whole bumper from the civic not just the front face. Gonna take some time so I can restore the civic bumpers, drop the rest of the bumper assembly off the wagon, and go from there.