rear parking lights dont work

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

781masshole3tc

rear parking lights dont work

Post by 781masshole3tc »

hello, my rear parking lights and rear quarter panel marker lights dont work, (brake lights work, directionals work, reverse lights work) bulbs are good and properly installed (2057 and 194) just no power to the rear section of the parking lights, i dont see any fuses that control them. what else should i be checking? thanks
mikealike

Re: rear parking lights dont work

Post by mikealike »

http://www.toyotamcdonoughparts.com/

they have the wiring diagrams for the circuits...
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
73te27

Post by 73te27 »

TE72?
Rust under windshield driver bottom corner?
If yes to both then most likely burnt trace in fuse box. Happen to me personally 4 times. I see others with this problem all the time. Dont know why buts its always the parking light circuit. First click on the combo switch. You can change the fuse box but will burn again if water keeps dripping. Happen to me also. I hardwire and bypass burnt trace.
781masshole3tc

Post by 781masshole3tc »

73te27 wrote:TE72?
Rust under windshield driver bottom corner?
If yes to both then most likely burnt trace in fuse box. Happen to me personally 4 times. I see others with this problem all the time. Dont know why buts its always the parking light circuit. First click on the combo switch. You can change the fuse box but will burn again if water keeps dripping. Happen to me also. I hardwire and bypass burnt trace.
yes there is rust there and im going to attack this fuse box, have you Siliconed anything to make this stop? is this mounted behind that plastic kick panel where there the speaker is on driver side? (hopefully) nice and low for easy removal. thanks
73te27

Post by 73te27 »

Honestly dont know how to stop the leak.
Drivers side kick panel. The fix involves hard wiring the flasher so it dangles from the box but I forget exactly how I did it, been a while maybe 8 years since I did it last.
Usually hard wire repair lasts longer then replacing fuse box.
781masshole3tc

Post by 781masshole3tc »

thankyou, i will focus on the fuse box next, sounds about right with the rust gathering in that corner.
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

Mike alike u are the man! For that link website!
baldo

Post by baldo »

^^^ WOW!!! Have been looking for something like that for a long time. How long did it take you to find that? :lol: I know where my next check is going!