Doug thorley 3tc headers group buy

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Toyota1515

Re: Doug thorley 3tc headers group buy

Post by Toyota1515 »

tayRolla wrote:Are these CARB legal? If they are legal in CA and have a CARB EO number, I'm in!
Nope they are NOT!
I stand corrected they are not CARB approved they are exempt, meaning the use of these do not affect the vehicle emission system to work adversely to CARB regulations and state this do not required any adjustment of the engine to work properly, so just by install these system it wont give any significant performance gains whatsoever other than looks in comparative to the Stock system,

And in another note, they are steel and mig welded fabricated with a chrome finish that wont last the first ride in them just saying, also can be ordered with Ceramic coating IMO the best choice but if you are ready to spend more than $500, up to you guys!

Read the CARB EO #D-200-7

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devic ... -200-7.pdf
Last edited by Toyota1515 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SF5 FOZZY
82te72

Post by 82te72 »

they are CARB exempt.

heres the response from them

"Yes, the header are CARB exempt under EO #D-200-7

What would probably easiest, and most secure for everyone, is once you get above 10 (remember, I can justify manufacturing them to the owner until I hit 15 minimum) people email me a list of names with contact information. We will then contact everyone to get complete contact information & payment details."
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

tayRolla wrote:Are these CARB legal? If they are legal in CA and have a CARB EO number, I'm in!
Nope they are NOT!
I stand corrected they are not CARB approved they are exempt, meaning the use of these do not affect the vehicle emission system to work adversely to CARB regulations and state this do not required any adjustment of the engine to work properly, so just by install these system it wont give any significant performance gains whatsoever other than looks in comparative to the Stock system,

And in another note, they are steel and mig welded fabricated with a chrome finish that wont last the first ride in them just saying, also can be ordered with Ceramic coating IMO the best choice but if you are ready to spend more than $500, up to you guys!

Read the CARB EO #D-200-7

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devic ... -200-7.pdf
SF5 FOZZY
82te72

Post by 82te72 »

can you please stop giving false information, some of it is true yes but not all.

they come standard ceramic coated. because it doesn't hurt the performance of emissions does not mean it doesnt perform better than factory exhaust manifold. i can guarantee it performs better than factory 4-1.

They have a lifetime warranty and will either repair or replace

"LIMITED WARRANTY - DOUG THORLEY HEADERS PRODUCTS ARE WARRANTED AGAINST DEFECTIVE MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP FOR AS LONG AS YOU, THE ORIGINAL CONSUMER PURCHASER, OWNS SAID PRODUCT.
BLUING AND/OR DISCOLORATION OF CHROME EXHAUST SYSTEMS/PRODUCTS ARE NOT COVERED.
AUTHORIZED PRODUCT(S) RETURNED WILL BE REPAIRED OR REPLACED AT DOUG THORLEY HEADERS’ DISCRETION. "

full warranty and policy information is here http://dougthorleyheaders.com/policies/

and nowhere did anyone say anything about $500.

Now juan can you please stop posting unless you have actual valid information that isn't repeated.

If anyone has questions I'm more than happy to relay the questions to Doug Thorley Headers and get a response.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

GO to the website, (CERAMIC COATING IS EXTRA)

All my information is TRUE and if it wasn't i wouldn't post it,

I have owned many of them and get rid of them for $100 or less cuz they don't perform well in anything other than a stock engine, i am working with these engines since the late 80's kid so if you want to come and dance in the hula house you are welcome buddy!

go to the catalog and read the footnotes dude!

all headers are offered in ceramic coating by adding a (- c) to the end of the part number.
That cost extra,
Go check it here... http://dougthorleyheaders.com/graphics/ ... log-LR.pdf

Thanks for posting the LIMITED WARRANTY, NOT LIFETIME, i do offer the same warranty in all my products too,

The cost of the header with the ceramic coating will be $500 or very close to it, and that is a FACT!

And when i said they perform as well as a factory system i am referring to the 4 to 2 to 1 setup they came from factory in most of them 2-3TC!
SF5 FOZZY
NuDriftR

Post by NuDriftR »

P.S. a limited warranty is also a lifetime warranty if so expressed - "DOUG THORLEY HEADERS PRODUCTS ARE WARRANTED... FOR AS LONG AS YOU, THE ORIGINAL -PURCHASER, OWNS SAID PRODUCT."

^ that means it is a lifetime warranty because it is so expressed that it's covered for as long as you own it.

You have given false information in this thread TWICE now, in a row. So if this statement is true:
Toyota1515 wrote:All my information is TRUE and if it wasn't i wouldn't post it,
I suggest you either A.) do your research before you post or B.) don't post at all.
Business Legal Definition wrote:LIMITED WARRANTY LAW & DEFINITION - Written statement that specifies under what conditions, to what extent, and for how long the manufacturer of an item guarantees that it will work as claimed. If a defect or malfunction occurs, such warranties are usually limited to the repair or replacement of the item and do not include any compensation for any loss arising.

Purchasers, consumers, users, and even bystanders are entitled to sue in most states for breach of warranty.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

LOL now you guys are making me laugh harder than ever, warranty against any defects of material or workmaship,

NOW DEFINE THAT concept exactly,

Defect in material = Bad or deformed tubes, flanges, or finish, Does not include normal wear or accidents from bad installations or misuse of the item, and trust me the shinny look will go away the minute the engine reach operating temperature unless you opt for the more expensive CERAMIC COATING that is offered at extra cost, But not limited to that, LOL

Defect in Workmanship = unfinished welds, bad finish (BEFORE BEING USED) or bad fitment due to improper fabrication of the item but not limited to that,

All this to the original purchaser only,

GUYS GUYS GUYS, this is not my first BBQ,

you want more? let me know, i got more at your request,

Not trying to mess up your MADRE TERESSA DE CALCUTA gestion on trying to make that company richer than it is for free, just telling some FACTS on the table about the item in conversation here!
SF5 FOZZY
82te72

Post by 82te72 »

once again Juan I would appreciate it if you didn't post on this unless you have good info. I do jot wish to respond because this is getting no where with you.

for everyone else. these headers are silver ceramic coated like 99% of their headers. the -c in the part number confirms this. I have quoted the email from them and they said the part number. if you have any questions let kme know.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

82te72 wrote:for everyone else. these headers are silver ceramic coated like 99% of their headers. the -c in the part number confirms this. I have quoted the email from them and they said the part number..
:roll: OK After you edited the post, OK :roll:

I just hope everyone get what they have told they will get for that price, Oh and by the way All i said is GOOD INFO, cuz it will warn the community before spending pretty money,

I just got a question,

If you are doing this for free to help this company be richer than what they already are, why getting so frustrated and pushy to get this deal going, on these overpriced headers that wont give you the bang for the buck?

And please answer honestly, and i promess i wont post anymore on this thread, cuz i dont believe you are doing this without getting something out of it. i really dont care if you are putting some change in your pocket, that is why we work for, but at least being honest will get you farther!
SF5 FOZZY
82te72

Post by 82te72 »

i did not edit the post. it has been that way the entire time.

im not fully against you posting but im not trying to have any arguing with anyone.

Im trying to get this going because i have seen many people posting want to buy doug thorley headers and know people personally that have been looking for over a year. I wouldn't be against taking some off of the top for settting it up, but at the price that high i would not feel that people would be willing to pay much more. What i am getting out of it would be a header i have been keeping an eye out for over the past couple years and others that i know can also obtain them. I do fully agree they are overpriced, but are also the only manufactured headers that will fit my e2 that im working on mainly for reliability and fuel economy. I have been editing the main post, like i was going to buy two of them, but i dont think my funds will support that and I think my other project could benefit from a different one more, and honestly you somewhat talked me out of it and made me think about it some more. I may still buy a 2nd if we get to 14 and others dont seem to be interested. All of the money is going to Doug thorley headers, they acted like from the first email thats how it would need to be set up for them to do it. Also i dont want to have to deal with handling everyone's money and shipping. If they did end up giving me some sort of discount because I did this work i wouldn't be against it, but that has not been offered to me nor will i be asking for it.

i appreciate you being up front