New here from Seattle (slow build)

Take the time and tell us a little about yourself

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

slamburglar

New here from Seattle (slow build)

Post by slamburglar »

Hey all,

New to the site. And new to the japanese car scene in general. Before this always owned European cars. Been waiting to join forever lol. So about 6 months ago or so I picked up a 77' Corolla 4 door. Its been a slow work in progress but looks so much better than the day i bought it. Grabbed it up from an old couple up north. Im the 2nd owner of this puppy. 130,xxx original miles.
When I first got the car its all stock Almost mint interior. Just a few tears here and there. The other day the dash finally got a small crack :(. The engine is the stock 2tc with the t50 trans. Suspension i have done is 3t Coilovers up front with mk2 mr2 rear shocks. And for the rear i have 85 Camaro shocks with 3" lowering blocks. I love this car. Fun to slide around in the rain :D. Heres the most recent pic i have of it.

I also recently picked up a 3tc for the corolla. Its all taken apart. Getting ready to hot tank the block. It came with a few heads. And a few boxes of parts. All i need now for it is cam. Bearings and headers. Oh yea and intake manifold. The plan is to get the car to around 160hp. I am wanting to go dual side draft. But funds are not available right now. I want to at least do some of the bottom end while i have it all apart and what not. If you have any suggestions to help. Please feel free to throw advice!

Heres some pics of the car and some things ive got along the way.

This is the day after i picked up the car.
Interior Shots (i removed the silly steering wheel cover)
After some nice weather kicked in. I wanted to freshen up the grille and a few things on the car. So i hit it with some plasti dip. The grille looks 1000 times better.
Some pics of the 3tc and bits that came with
You know that aint them dogs real voices....
BOBLOOK

Re: New here from Seattle (slow build)

Post by BOBLOOK »

Welcome to the forum ;)
The day we learn to think