Water lines?

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

DjSPecter87

Water lines?

Post by DjSPecter87 »

I just recently bought a 3tc to put in my AE86, as well as a pair of dellortos and a BRD water neck adapter. BUT....I removed the heater and ac stuff under the dash of my 86 and need to know what to do with these water lines. Can I just cap them off or is there a way to delete these? And what is this connection that's on the side of the block?

The motor is getting a rebuild cause there were 2 bent push rods and im sure there is a bent valve and the guy said it had rod knock. So yea im just getting it prepped to play with. Hope you guys can help out. THANKS.
DjSPecter87

Re: Water lines?

Post by DjSPecter87 »

BUMP! Anyone know about these water lines?
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

first pic. if you not using the heater,it can get sealed with one of em from home depot,plumbing dept.
the ones on the water pump are a bit more difficult to do but also can be done with plumbing supply stuff
if you cap em with the rubber caps sold at he auto parts they crack and eventually wont hold the hot water pressure ;)
the part next to the oil filter I really don't know what it is for ,the 3 engines that ive had non have that plug on em
Tate Quieto
Estebot

Post by Estebot »

The one next to the oill filter you can just remove there is no hole there.
The one on the back of the head, just get a pipe plug and you can tap and plug the water pump ones.