Where/how do I vent my gas tank with 32/36 weber?

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Toynette12

Where/how do I vent my gas tank with 32/36 weber?

Post by Toynette12 »

Someone mentioned to me that I was having starting issues with the 3tc because my gas tank must be vented. It will not turn over in the morning,but by afternoon it starts? Huh?
Toynette12

Re: Where/how do I vent my gas tank with 32/36 weber?

Post by Toynette12 »

My bad. My gas tank needs to be vented. This would relieve fuel starvation to the carb. One of you guys must know the answer because I am stumped. Thanks fellas.
baldo

Post by baldo »

Check your hose clamps. All the way from the tank to the carb. I thought that was my problem along with a pump. But a clamp was always loose. Check the hoses also if they are old.
Toynette12

Post by Toynette12 »

will do. Thanks
Toynette12

Post by Toynette12 »

Say Baldo, when you say check the clamps what should I be looking for? Loose fitting or too tight?
baldo

Post by baldo »

Well either way is bad. Too lose and not enough pressure for the pump to work correctly. Meaning getting no gas to carb so the car will not start. Too tight and the hoses can break or get cuts on them. Creating the same issue. So start from the tank all the way up the carb.
Easy way to find out is when it does not start is STOP! Well I was going to help you but I need more info. Do you have a weber or stock? Stock pump or electric? It can be the hoses or the pump. Anyways if it does not start take the hose from the carb off and see if fuel is coming out. Check the hoses first, if they are ok is probably the pump. Not really sure these cars have a venting problem. After 30 years more people would of heard about it by now.
Toynette12

Post by Toynette12 »

Yes. It is a weber 32/36 with a mechanical fuel pump. I will check the hose from the carb first. That may be the cause since I dont smell any gas there. Funny thing is that the last time I drove the car I filled up with 93 octane thinking that I would be good to go the next time out. The gas pedal is a little stiff also. Thanks for your help.
Toynette12

Post by Toynette12 »

Ok. Just poured a little gas into the carb and she fired up. Ran car, restarted and she fires right up. Repeat. So what might that mean ? Thanks
baldo

Post by baldo »

Well.......... if you pour gas into any car yes it will fire up now huh. What does that leave you with? The same problem right? So again, remove the hose and crank it. If fuel is not coming out then is the pump. You can crank the car a few times and open the carb cover. If there is no gas then you are not getting gas. See the more info we get the more we can help you. You filled up with 93? Hummmm.......... Do you use regular? If you mixed gas that can cause problems also. So really figure out everything that happened before this started. Because right now I would say dump the gas and fill it up with 1 grade and replace the pump and go from there. The gas pedal I dont think has anything to do with how you get gas to the carb. So thats something you can play with later.