Where to purchase rings, gaskets etc for rebuild

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

lvsanchete72

Where to purchase rings, gaskets etc for rebuild

Post by lvsanchete72 »

I'm looking around on the web, I see some kits being sold from ebay and I've also been looking at BRD, but I was wondering where everyone shops for their parts. I am looking to rebuild my 3tc engine and I am hoping to change the rings, bearings, and timing chain. I'm looking for good quality, I am a bit skeptical of ebay and even O'reilly. Some people have said NAPA is good just wondering what the 3TC experts say.

I'm situated in Southern California if that has anything to do with things.

Thanks in advance, also new to this thing and couldn't find a post on this topic but if there is could someone show me that. Thanks again. :D
73GTV

Re: Where to purchase rings, gaskets etc for rebuild

Post by 73GTV »

lvsanchete72 wrote:I'm looking around on the web, I see some kits being sold from ebay and I've also been looking at BRD, but I was wondering where everyone shops for their parts. I am looking to rebuild my 3tc engine and I am hoping to change the rings, bearings, and timing chain. I'm looking for good quality, I am a bit skeptical of ebay and even O'reilly. Some people have said NAPA is good just wondering what the 3TC experts say.

I'm situated in Southern California if that has anything to do with things.

Thanks in advance, also new to this thing and couldn't find a post on this topic but if there is could someone show me that. Thanks again. :D
Very good, now list your location under your screen name and that will help you alot. Where are you in SoCal, within the IE, anywhere near Riverside? If so take that engine to Wayne's Engine builders near main Street off of the 60 highway and talk to the guys behind the counter and specify your build in detail. They can make it happen. less than a few blocks from there is Web Cams, for a possible performance cam to match your build.
lvsanchete72

Post by lvsanchete72 »

Sorry about that, it should be updated now. Riverside would be a trip, specially if I have to go several times. Right now I'm not trying to build anything out of the ordinary, just want to get the car running back to its old glory. That's why I am looking for stock rings, and all the gaskets that I need.
baldo

Post by baldo »

The engine will only be as good as the machine work done to it. So if a 3tc guy is telling you to take it there, do it! :lol: Just rent a uhaul pick up. Its better to be safe then sorry. You can also look around for local machine shops. But here is my tip (he he) :shock: :? :lol: Look for racing machine shops. If they port, get racing parts and do custom jobs. Those are the best because they go by the book and do everything right. Plus there is a chance somebody knows something about the engine. I just took my head to a local machine shop to get it put together and as soon as they saw it they all gathered around and said "wow, I know what this is! They use this for racing! " :lol: So you never know. I have to say they did a good job also.
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

rockauto.com has parts for 3tc also
Tate Quieto