Charge issues

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

lepimpofpimps

Charge issues

Post by lepimpofpimps »

So how's it going guys! :D

So let's say it's Monday night, I'm driving with the lights on and come up to a red light , I stop and on idle with my foot off the brakes and my headlights and dash start to dim, I'll give it a lil rev up and everything comes back to norm,. I idle at about 1k and with the lights on and foot on brake it drops to about 850 and everything dims,.

So what's up with that could it be a faulty V-regulator or just low power my new alternator puts out?

Also I've gone through so many batteries that auto zone won't replace the next one I have a yellow top optima alternators brand spanking new and clean no oil or gunk messing with the charge,. If I drive the car daily it keeps it's charge but after a week it's dead?

I tested for a parasitic drain by pulling fuses at a time but came out clean and right now I'm just clueless with all this any ideas?
BOBLOOK

Re: Charge issues

Post by BOBLOOK »

How much amp is the alternator ?

Do you have excessive audio instrument is the car ?
The day we learn to think
lepimpofpimps

Post by lepimpofpimps »

Last thing I remember possible 45ish? I'll call oreileys I have it under warranty if anything,. And no not really just on old CD player from the late 90s and some 80s speakers
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Any msd box ? was there pulley diameter difference in the new alternator ?
lepimpofpimps

Post by lepimpofpimps »

I wish but Na not yet and to be honest I returned the core for the new one
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Some alternators operate between 750 to 850 RMP some 850 to 1000. As long you don't have starting issue i won't bother.
Heavy instruments like music and other amp sucking items can occur this issue. I f you ever want to resolved it you can always upgrade it for higher amps alternator.
lepimpofpimps

Post by lepimpofpimps »

I'm cool with it idling at 1K and lately it's been fine I think it's just letting it sit a week without driving kills it, I think it was the car alarm lately I have it deactivated I haven't checked how much juice the battery has since I got it swapped,.