Exhaust system problems.

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Mr.Liftback

Exhaust system problems.

Post by Mr.Liftback »

I just got my 1980 Corolla liftback sportscoupe with a 3tc/5speed a few months ago. I've had the obx-r header on it from day 3 or 4. Today I put a brand new exhaust gasket in, (because I screwed up the old one and it was leaking) but I can still hear an exhaust leak. From what I can see, it's leaking from one of the 2 Air suction lines. I know that one line runs coolant because I've seen it leaking -_- and I saw exhaust gas coming out of the other. My question is, are there plugs for the exhaust and coolant pipes that run just below the exhaust manifold? A friend of mine told me intake plugs from any older nissan will fit. I would really love to eliminate the A/S unit all together along with the egr. I can make block off plates for the main units, just not the plugs. If anyone knows the size of these plugs I'll give you an e-highfive.

Thanks,
Mike
These cars are better than any girlfriend.
corolllin

Re: Exhaust system problems.

Post by corolllin »

your talking about the port plugs under the exhaust manifold?

what you can do is go to your local harware store. get some plumbing plugs, get the proper threads and size and you should be able to plug those holes.. might have to grind them down a tad to clear the header..

I have also been told trans pan bolts? but idk
Mr.Liftback

Post by Mr.Liftback »

Yeah, those are the exact ports I need to plug. Ill try that out, thanks.
These cars are better than any girlfriend.
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

I'm helping a friend here with his 3T... showing him some porting, and we collectively decided that his air ports are just not conducive to flow. So he made a plug and filled them. He will be porting the inside to fit the port after the plug is secure