De-Arching spring VS Lowering blocks

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

toyorotor

De-Arching spring VS Lowering blocks

Post by toyorotor »

Ok I've been reading on other sites on what would be better to lower the rear of my 73 TE27, I've
heard of De-Arching the springs and wanted to know if any of you guys use this method or just slap some
lowering blocks on and call it a day.
Other sites are keen on NOT using lowering blocks, Calling them UNSAFE and all kinds of other stuff.
I'm from the ol skool, I've always ran lowering blocks and never had an Issue with the car. Except for the
occasional getting stuck on speed bumps...lol
The Car is going to be used for street use only, No racing or Drifting. And its not going to be a Daily Driver.
Toyota1515

Re: De-Arching spring VS Lowering blocks

Post by Toyota1515 »

Go for the blocks, never ever de-arch a spring that will create a weakness on it and the last thing you want is one of them snaps in 2 at speeds!
SF5 FOZZY
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

Toyota1515 wrote:Go for the blocks, never ever de-arch a spring that will create a weakness on it and the last thing you want is one of them snaps in 2 at speeds!
exactly!!!
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
toyorotor

Post by toyorotor »

thanks guys, That's what I thought. U will be amazed how many people say different.