3tc build advice needed.

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

toyota_james

3tc build advice needed.

Post by toyota_james »

So the time has come for me to start planning the build of my 3TC. I want to keep it carbed and naturally aspirated. I'm thinking 10.5:1 pistons, R1 bike carbs, and a slightly lumpy cam. Any advice?
mikealike

Re: 3tc build advice needed.

Post by mikealike »

toyota_james wrote:So the time has come for me to start planning the build of my 3TC. I want to keep it carbed and naturally aspirated. I'm thinking 10.5:1 pistons, R1 bike carbs, and a slightly lumpy cam. Any advice?
I need to know what car, weight and is it going to be a daily driver.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

toyota_james wrote:So the time has come for me to start planning the build of my 3TC. I want to keep it carbed and naturally aspirated. I'm thinking 10.5:1 pistons, R1 bike carbs, and a slightly lumpy cam. Any advice?
I need to know what car, weight and is it going to be a daily driver.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
toyota_james

Post by toyota_james »

1980 TE72 4 door. I'm guessing 2000ish pounds? I'm going to convert it to a 5 speed using a T50 trans when I swap engines. Prolly won't be a daily. But I might drive it to work once a week. My commute is 100 miles round trip.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

A nice .40 over stock type pistons, 296 x 490 ish cam will do just right with stock to mild ported head with single valve spring a set of 40mm webber type carbs or a holley 350, those bike carbs are very good and responsive when done correctly, very recommended, good 4 to 1 headers and that is about it it will b very peppy and responsive, without compromising the torque numbers and will be a fun to drive car!
SF5 FOZZY